College Girls’ Guide: Top 5 Dorm Room Cleaning Products

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

Living in a dorm or apartment during college is fun but also presents its own set of challenges. One of those is keeping it clean and tidy. Sure, living in such a small space seems like it’d be so simple to keep everything spick and span. However, sometimes it’s  even trickier than keeping your room at home clean.

I know that I get skeeved out really easily when it comes to cleanliness, especially in my dorm kitchen and bathroom. Sharing a space with others who don’t always have the same living preferences as you proves to be another challenge, especially when it comes to keeping things clean.

Luckily enough, though, there are simple products that we can use to keep our space clean as a whistle without spending too much time cleaning!

1.  Lysol disinfectant spray – this is my favorite cleaning product that I always need to have on hand. Spraying commonly touched items such as door handles, light switches, the refrigerator door, and so on can eliminate germs and is especially important during cold and flu season. An added bonus is that it makes everything smell great and clean!

2.  Swiffer – Swiffering is one of the easiest ways to clean up a small space. I usually start with the dry clothes which is great for picking up things like hair (I know my hair gets everywhere – gross!). Then, I use the wet pads to pick up dirt, stickiness, and all other general grossness. I always feel like things are much cleaner after I Swiffer, especially in the kitchen and bathroom.

3.  Clorox or Lysol wipes – these are really useful in all areas of my dorm. Each week I take everything off my desk and wipe it down and wipe down the counters in the kitchen as well. Finally, it is most useful to wipe off the bathroom sink since so much toothpaste ends up stuck to it during the week. These, like the Lysol spray, kill germs and are also great at getting everything completely clean.

4.  Febreeze Sprays- Febreeze is my favorite way to make everything smell fresh and clean. There are tons of different ones, but my favorite is the one that is safe to spray on fabrics. Between sheet changes I like to spray my whole bed for a fresh and clean scent.

5.  Meyer’s Clean Day – these products are great for washing your hands, washing dishes, and cleaning surfaces. These are earth friendly, gentle products that will leave your living space spotless!

While cleaning is definitely not the most fun or glamorous part of college life, it is necessary to keep yourself healthy and sanitary. The good news is that it can be made easy as long as you use the right stuff!

If you’re a clean freak like I am as well as a germaphobe, check out this link I found on Pinterest for great cleaning tips!

What cleaning products do you find most convenient?