College Girls’ Guide: Guilty Pleasures, Everyone Has Them

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

Like everyone else, I have guilty pleasures – a LOT of them. To be honest, I’m a pretty weird girl. My family and boyfriend can attest to that.

With that said, I wanted to share some of my favorite guilty pleasures with you:

1. The Private book series – Kate Brian’s series of Private books are a big guilty pleasure of mine. I started reading them in high school and have read, and loved, them all! The guiltiness? They are for girls ages 14 and up. I just can’t help it, I am obsessed with them! They are just so…scandalous. I even embarrassingly watched the web series of the story.

2. Dove chocolates – I am a HUGE chocoholic. So is my mom, and so was my Poppa. That’s not
something I’m guilty about. However, I am sometimes guilty of eating a few (okay, way) too many of those delicious dove chocolates. I love the dark chocolate ones (dark chocolate lowers blood pressure, right??) and the messages inside the wrappers are so cute and inspirational – a great pick me up on a gloomy day!

3. Snapchat – the iPhone app Snapchat is another one of my guilty pleasures. Sending funny pictures back and forth with my sister knowing they will disappear is so silly and amusing and always brightens my day. It always has me laughing out loud, sometimes at inconvenient times, like when I’m walking to class. Yup, I’m that crazy girl laughing at her phone.

4. Dawson’s Creek – if you’ve never watched this dramatic teen series, it is a must. It is my all-time favorite show, and much to my happiness it is now available to be streamed on Netflix. It is definitely over dramatic and at times corny, but it is one show I could watch over and over again, no problem.

Now that I’ve shared some of my embarrassing pleasures with you, what are your favorite guilty pleasures to indulge in?

Callie Barkley is the Campus Correspondent and a contributing writer for Quinnipiac University. At Quinnipiac, which is located in Callie's home state of Connecticut, she studies Public Relations with a minor in Computer Information Systems and will be graduating in 2014. Callie's writing interests are related to healthy eating, working out, and surviving the intern/job world. When Callie is not focused on her work she loves to spend time with her friends and family, travel, and will take up any offer to have a little fun!