Bringing Back Brands from the 2000s

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

The beloved brands from our middle and high school days, such as Abercrombie & Fitch and Aeropostale, are no longer thriving due to loss in customer loyalty.  These brands that once saw customers flying in and out of their stores for the latest products are now resorting to revamping their stores’ entire images in order to reel customers—many of which have skipped over to Forever 21 and H&M—back in.

I’m here to tell you to not lose hope in these brands; there are still pieces in each of these stores that can be great additions to your chilly weather wardrobes.  Check ‘em out!

Abercrombie & Fitch: Outerwear

With a whole new look on life, Abercrombie has decided to shed its world famous moose emblem from all of its clothing, and for the first time in their entire existence, they are selling black clothes.  (I know, I couldn’t believe it either)!

However, even with all of these new changes, Abercrombie has still managed to remain famous for their versatile outerwear.  With everything from parkas to fur vests, you’ll be able to stay warm while making a fashion statement.

American Eagle: Jeans

American Eagle has always prided itself as a “jean brand”, and that same motto still lives on today.  They have everything from high-waisted jeans that show off your mile long legs and those squats in the gym that paid off, to boyfriend jeans that offer you a relaxed look without looking like you just rolled out of bed.

If you’re looking for new jeans to wear during this chilly season, American Eagle is the place to be! 

Aeropostale: Sweaters

Aeropostale’s “Are you who you were a year ago?” campaign speaks for itself!  The brand is attempting to change its image for a new, edgy customer.  Aeropostalé has brought in YouTube sensation Bethany Mota to create a brand for this generation that has a new outlook on life…and on clothing.

With winter just around the corner, Aeropostalé has a line of sweaters that can be paired with your favorite utility jacket or over your favorite collared shirt.

Hollister & Co.: Sweatpants and Joggers

With finals only weeks away, getting dressed up in the morning won’t necessarily be a priority.   If you want pants that keep you as warm as sweatpants but make your derriére look as good as it does in leggings, then Hollister will become your best friend!

With an array of colors and styles, these pants will keep you warm and stylish, whether you’re walking to your 8 a.m. final with three hours of sleep or watching Netflix in the library when you probably should be studying.

So next time you’re at the mall, don’t forget to check out your favorite stores from the past, because what was once da real MVP can, once again, be da real MVP.

Hello, My name is Brittany Hayles and I am a sophomore student at Quinnipiac University! I am currently studying Business Management with a minor in Computer Information Systems, in hopes of someday working as a manager in the corporate side of the fashion industry!
I am an undergraduate journalism major at Quinnipiac University. I love reading, writing, shopping, studying fashion, working hard, playing hard, and learning new things. I entertain interests in women’s issues and enjoy writing about all things interesting, beautiful, and humorous. Follow my blog at http://melissasirois.tumblr.com to see more of my work!