9 Reasons to Get Obsessed with Puravida

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

If you have yet to discover Puravida, you will be thanking me by the end of this article.  Puravida is a charitable company known for selling countless colorful string bracelets, but the brand has so much more to offer, as well.  These nine reasons are sure to fuel your obsession.

1.  Great assortment of bracelets.  Puravida bracelets come in many styles and nearly every color under the sun, so you are sure to find something that suits your personal taste.  Some have beads, charms and studs.  String bracelets are often thought of as a summer trend, but that is not the case here!  Mix and match your darker-colored bracelets to get the perfect cold weather combination.

2.  Not just bracelets.  Puravida doesn’t only make bracelets!  The company also sells hair ties, phone cases, snapbacks, beanies, keychains, coin pouches and “festival bags,” which are perfect for any outdoor excursion.

3.  Support of local artisans.  All Puravida bracelets are made by crafters in Costa Rica, and Puravida provides these people with stable jobs and creative outlets.

4.  Association with charities.  Puravida sells many bracelets that are associated with various philanthropic organizations.  Based on the price of the bracelet, Puravida will donate between $1 and $15 to a wide variety of organizations.  Some charities include Billion Baby Turtles, Boarding for Breast Cancer and the American Widow Project.

5.  Frequent release of new products.  Within the past several months, Puravida has expanded their product collection by selling keychains, studded bracelets and children’s bracelets.  Additionally, they are always releasing bracelets with new color schemes, charms and styles.

6.  Their social media is on-point.  Do yourself a favor and follow Puravida on Instagram.  You will be rewarded with beautiful pictures of nature, smiling faces and of course, bracelets!  Their “live free” motto is also a great vibe to pick up on.

7.  They hire campus representatives.  Interested in making a little money, strengthening your resume and learning valuable career skills, all while receiving free bracelets in the process?  Check out their campus rep program – it might be just right for you!

8.  They’re affordable.  The basic string bracelets are super cute and cost only $5.  Naturally, the more complicated styles are more expensive, but these rarely exceed $20 – hardly breaking the bank.  And they’re cheap, so they make great gifts!

9.  Excellent discounts.  It seems like you can always find some sort of discount to add to your order, whether it’s free shipping, 25% off for writing a review, or any other special promotion.  You can also earn a $20 credit if you recommend a friend who makes a purchase within 24 hours.  Pro tip: Before placing your order, search the “puravidabracelets” hashtag on Instagram for campus reps offering discounts!

I am currently the proud owner of ten Puravida bracelets, and I am always on the lookout for more.  These bracelets let you tell a story about yourself, similar to Alex and Ani or Pandora bracelets.  Most of my bracelets are associated with the charities I care about or colors that mean something to me.

What about you, collegiates?  What’s your Puravida count?  Let us know @hercampusqu!

I am an undergraduate journalism major at Quinnipiac University. I love reading, writing, shopping, studying fashion, working hard, playing hard, and learning new things. I entertain interests in women’s issues and enjoy writing about all things interesting, beautiful, and humorous. Follow my blog at http://melissasirois.tumblr.com to see more of my work!