5 Steps to Looking Cute (and Staying Warm!) in the Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

We all know the winter season is brutal in New England, especially on Quinnipiac’s campus.  However, facing the cold and snow in style is a must.  Here is how to make that puffy winter coat look as cute and stylish as possible:

Step 1: Add a cute scarf.

Keeping your neck warm and covered is essential in these bone-chilling temperatures, and coordinating the scarf with that snuggly sweater can pull your look together.  Here’s one of my favorite looks:

Step 2: Slip on a headband.

It’s important to cover your ears when the wind is howling and the temperatures are lower than the number of years you’ve been alive.  This headbands, and styles like it, are both warm and the perfect accessories for any winter outfit:

Step 3: Pull on those mittens or gloves.

When I walk around campus, I see many people glove-less, and it makes my hands cold just to look at it.  First of all, the howling wind and bitter temperatures will suck all of the moisture from your hands.  By wearing gloves or mittens, your hands will stay moisturized and warm.  Check out these adorable hand warmers:

Step 4: Slip on fuzzy socks.

Every year for Christmas, I ask my family to buy me fuzzy socks.  Not only do they feel great on my feet, but they also keep my toes toasty.  The socks also come in a wide variety of colors and patterns, like fun stripes:

Step 5: Put on a cozy fleece or sweater underneath your winter coat.

When it’s frigid out, the last thing you want to be is unprepared for the weather.  Obviously, wearing your winter coat is essential, but throwing on your favorite cozy sweater or fleece under it will add that extra warmth.  Check out this super chic coverall:

Stay warm, Bobkittens!

Senior at Quinnipiac. I love traveling, shopping, Lake George, family, friends, my two dogs, glitter, and elephants :) Feel free to follow me on Pinterest, as well as Instagram and Twitter @annienoordsy
I am an undergraduate journalism major at Quinnipiac University. I love reading, writing, shopping, studying fashion, working hard, playing hard, and learning new things. I entertain interests in women’s issues and enjoy writing about all things interesting, beautiful, and humorous. Follow my blog at http://melissasirois.tumblr.com to see more of my work!