5 Insane Technologies of the Future

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

Today there is much more technology available to us than ever before.  However, there are many more technological advances coming in the next ten years that we have to know about.  Let’s take a look:

1.  Personal 3D printer

When this technology hits sometime in 2015, it could become a common household and school item, taking the new wave of printing to the mainstream.  The personal 3D printer is pricey, however, at a ripe $2,799.  This type of technology can create a world that has limitless creativity and productivity.

2.  The sunscreen pill

By 2016, scientists hope to have created a pill that protects your body and your eyes from the UV rays of the sun the way sunscreen does.  Through reverse engineering, they hope to develop this sunscreen pill to help people be less likely to avoid the sun at all costs, which can causes vitamin D deficiencies and weakening of the bones.

3.  Portable laser pens that can seal wounds

Imagine you’re hiking The Giant and you cut your leg very badly; no one else is around.  You will be able to pull out your laser pen and save yourself from getting an infection without the help of anyone else.  In only a few short years, this technology will be available so you can heal yourself Wolverine-style.

4.  Crash-proof cars

Volvo has promised that by 2020, they will have developed crash-proof cars through radar, sonar and driver alert systems.  They’re hoping this will help decrease the amount of deaths caused by car accidents.

5.  Google Glass

Glass is an augmented reality device that enables the user to look at social media feeds, texts and navigation, as well as take photos—using only their eyes.  Google’s Sergey Brin has test-driven the device.  Unfortunately, it is currently only available to a select group of developers for $1,500.

These technologies are so exciting and innovate and will surely help society a great deal.  Hopefully the cost of these amazing products will go down…and availability will go up!

My name is Tori Batiste and I am a current junior at Quinnipiac University studying Film and Women's Studies. I am a Texas native and cant wait for life to bring more happiness and joy. I enjoy anything that can spark my imagination and that challenges me. I have so much to share with the world that I just cant help but express myself.
I am an undergraduate journalism major at Quinnipiac University. I love reading, writing, shopping, studying fashion, working hard, playing hard, and learning new things. I entertain interests in women’s issues and enjoy writing about all things interesting, beautiful, and humorous. Follow my blog at http://melissasirois.tumblr.com to see more of my work!