24 Signs You’re a Bobcat

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

Ever wondered what all of us Bobcats have in common?  Wonder no more!  Here are 24 surefire signs you go here:

1.  You’ve posted multiple pictures of the clock tower from various angles with every possible filter on Instagram.

2.  You know that Chartwells is the epitome of awful food.  Your stomach hasn’t been the same upon returning to campus.

3.  Which is why Silver Spoon and Domino’s have become your best friend.

4.  Toad’s Place is where you end up on a Saturday night when all else fails.  But lets be real: we all love Toad’s and the lack of morals that comes with the territory.

5.  You know at least one person who is notoriously for peeing on the New Haven shuttles.  (Here’s to hoping that person isn’t you!)

6.  You treat May Weekend like Christmas and you hold onto your Pepsi cup like a brand new toy.

7.  Commons gave you the full college experience during freshman year, even if you didn’t live there.

8.  You refer to Quinnipiac as “the Q” or “Quinni” on all forms of social media.

9.  You know carrying a tray in the cafe or wearing a lanyard around your neck is by no means acceptable, no matter the circumstance.

10.  You were extremely confused when the Law School’s name was changed to the Center for Communication and Engineering.

11.  You still cannot open your mailbox no matter how hard you try.  Luckily, though, you have that one friend who somehow was blessed with the ability to open such a complicated contraption.

12.  Wearing Vineyard Vines is a right of passage into the world of collegiate attire.

13.  Once hockey season starts, nothing else matters.  You will do just about anything to get your hands on a ticket to the Yale game…maybe even possibly jump into Hep Creek.

14.  Girls wear Uggs, North Faces, and yoga pants once the cold weather approaches, and crop tops and maxi skirts once spring semester rolls around.

15.  You thank goodness every day that you chose not to be a Health Science major because their schedules are awful and require so many science classes.

16.  You receive 20 athletics e-mails in the span of one week.  Naturally, they always go unread without a thought.

17.  You carry your QCard with you everywhere you go, especially during the summer months.  And you’ve more than likely tried to enter your own house by tapping it.

18.  “Tap it.”  A phrase that we hear all too much.

19.  The Au Bon Pain workers know your order by heart.  When they’re feeling extra happy, they’ll even throw in a complimentary muffin for solely being their favorite QU student.

20.  The Hamden Wal-Mart threw you for a bit of the a loop the first time you grocery shopped there.  You still go there on occasion but prefer ShopRite.

21.  You feel obligated to take a picture of all of Mount Carmel when you’ve reached the top of Sleeping Giant and have a caption along the lines of “Proud to be a bobcat * bobcat emoji *”.

22.  Hill Top and North Lot are filled with Audi’s and BMW’s, and you can only wonder why your own parents don’t love you enough to get you a vehicle like that.

23.  You have at least one suitemate from Massachusetts who says “wicked” approximately 31 times a day and refers to Cape Cod as “The Cape”.

24.  You love your school more than life itself and are lucky enough to call this beautiful place your home away from home.

Did we miss any?  Tweet us @hercampusqu!

Hey everyone! I'm Christina Ruenes. I am a junior at Quinnipiac University from Long Island, New York. I'm an International Business Major, Marketing Minor. I have a wide range of interests including travel, fashion, news, history, beauty, and entertainment. I ultimately enjoy writing about topics that I find interesting and that I think other collegiates would like to read about.
I am an undergraduate journalism major at Quinnipiac University. I love reading, writing, shopping, studying fashion, working hard, playing hard, and learning new things. I entertain interests in women’s issues and enjoy writing about all things interesting, beautiful, and humorous. Follow my blog at http://melissasirois.tumblr.com to see more of my work!