The 15-Minute Workout for Even the Busiest Student

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

The school year is flying by and before we know it, it will be summer!  But with all of the schoolwork getting assigned and extracurricular commitments, it can be hard to make time for the gym.  This effective 15-minute workout circuit will help you achieve the body of your dreams without leaving your dorm!  Take out the timer on your phone and get to work.

Cardio: 5 minutes

The first 5 minutes of the workout is dedicated cardio:

• 1 minute of jumping jacks
  • 1 minute of high knees
  • 1 minute of mountain climbers, as described below

Begin in a pushup position with your arms straight and your body in a straight line from your head to your ankles.  Bring your right knee to your chest and place your foot back on the ground behind you.  Quickly switch to the other leg and repeat.

• 1 minute of burpees, as described below

Begin in a standing position.  Jump as high as you can, then drop into a squat position with your hands on the ground.  Kick your feet back while keeping your arms extended, so you’re in plank position.  Immediately return your feet to the squat position and jump up to begin again.

• 1 minute of running in place

Abs: 4 minutes

The next 4 minutes of the workout are dedicated to abs:

• 1 minute of crunches
  • 1 minute of bicycles
  • 1 minute of toe touches, as described below

Lay on your back with your legs straight up in the air so your body makes an L formation.  Do a crunch and touch your toes.

• 1 minute of flutter kicks, as described below

Start by lying flat on your back with your arms by your sides and your palms down.  Extend your legs fully out with a slight bend in your knees.  Make small, rapid up and down scissor-like motions with your legs.

Arms: 3 minutes

The next brief circuit is dedicated to toning those arms:

• 10 push ups and rest
  • 15 triceps dips, as described below, and rest

Use your desk chair or any other stable chair in your dorm.  Place your hands shoulder-width apart with your fingers facing forward and your elbows facing backward with a slight bend.  Extend your legs in front of you and balance on your heels.  Slowly lower your body until your shoulder joints are below your elbows.  Push back up until your elbows are almost straight, but do not lock them.  Repeat.

• Repeat circuit for 3 minutes

More abs: 2 minutes

At this point in the workout, you’re almost done!  Finish toning your tummy with one more round of abs:

• 1-minute plank
  • 1 minute of sit-ups

Legs and booty: 1 minute

To finish off the circuit, use a wall to work your leg and butt muscles:

• 1-minute wall sit

Tweet us @hercampusqu and tell us some of your favorite workouts!

Hi! My name is Jenny and I am a sophomore public relations major at Quinnipiac University from Weston, Massachusetts. I am a huge Boston sports fan, I love to travel, and I love trying new things and meeting new people! Make sure to check out my Instagram and Twitter @jenfieldd
I am an undergraduate journalism major at Quinnipiac University. I love reading, writing, shopping, studying fashion, working hard, playing hard, and learning new things. I entertain interests in women’s issues and enjoy writing about all things interesting, beautiful, and humorous. Follow my blog at http://melissasirois.tumblr.com to see more of my work!