5 Music Festivals to Check Out This Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Queen's U chapter.

Now that exams are over, it’s time to start making plans for the summer. Why not load your buddies into a car and take a road trip to one (or more) of these music festivals? They range in time, price, and location, which means there will probably be an option that suits your summer in here somewhere.

1) Veld

When: August 4-5, 2018 Where: Downsview Park, Toronto This EDM music festival is easily accessible for anyone staying in the Toronto area this summer and is open to all ages (with the exception of VIP)! This year’s headliners are DJ Snake, Marshmello, Martin Garrix and Migos. If EDM is for you, definitely check this one out.

2) Osheaga

When: August 3-5, 2018 Where: Parc Jean-Drapeau, Montreal On the other hand, if EDM isn’t your cup of tea consider Osheaga. Chances are you’ve already heard of this one, as it’s a pretty legendary three day music festival in Montreal. Headliners include Travis Scott, Arctic Monkeys and Florence + The Machine! There isn’t any onsite camping allowed, so consider looking into hotels or Airbnbs before they get booked up.

3) Ottawa Bluesfest

When: July 5th – 15th, 2018 Where: Ottawa, Ontario If you’re anywhere near Ottawa this summer definitely check out Bluesfest. Not only does the festival span two weeks, it’s also reasonably affordable! The line-up this year has truly outdone itself, truly featuring something for everyone. They’ve got the Foo Fighters, Shawn Mendes, Bryan Adams, Beck, and so many more.

4) Shambhala

When: August 10th – 13th, 2018 Where: Salmo River Ranch, BC  Shambhala is one of those fantastic festivals that will let you set up camp in certain areas with no additional fees! Picture a perfect weekend get-away filled with nothing but pals, camping, and electronic music. If that sounds appealing, Shambhala might just be the festival for you. 

5) Boots and Hearts

When: August 9th – 12th, 2018 Where: Oro-Medonte, Ontario Though I’ve never really understood it, apparently there are enough people that listen to country music to warrant an entire festival. If you prefer songs about beers, trucks, and girls, definitely take a look at the Boots and Hearts festival. Some of the acts gracing the stage this summer include; Florida Georgia Line, Alan Jackson, and Dallas Smith.