The 15 Times Wine Got You Through Your Undergrad

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Queen's U chapter.

Wine. It is the loyal best friend when your best friend just isn’t feeling so loyal. It’s been there throughout your entire undergrad (or undergrad thus far), and it knows you inside and out. It keeps your secrets, it never judges you and it will (almost) never let you down. 

1. It never judges you for day drinking. 

School is stressful? You need to sleep but instead you decide to drown your sorrows in a big glass of wine, or bottle, at 11 a.m.

2.  It never thinks you’re too poor to hangout with.

Money issues? A bottle is cheaper than a chicken breast. Is there really any argument there? 

3.  It will never question you for having one too many. 

… and making a fool of yourself.

4.  It will always support your bad decisions. 

5. It is there through your mid-university crisis.

6. It saw you through all the good times. 

7. It always says yes to dessert.

8. It never gets jealous.

Sick of red wine? It doesn’t care, go have some white! 

9. It always listened to your BS.

That asshole! How dare he break your heart! … for the 15th time … no judgment here. 

10.  It was ALWAYS down for some Netflix and eat your face off. 

11. It always makes you more creative when writing papers. 

Need to BS your paper for the elective? There’s nothing too far fetched for a glass – or five- of wine. Just make sure you have time to fix up those spelling errors. 

12. It helps you make more friends.

13. It has your back in every situation.

14. It will never judge your appearance.

Sweat pants, little black dress … it takes you how you are       

15. It is your best friend and boyfriend.

It wears all hats. 

Jana Lee Morris

Carleton '17

Jana is a Canadian native who ventured overseas and landed in the United Kingdom after graduation. Having achieved a degree in Visual Arts and English, she seeks to pass her passions onto the next generation; teaching in an English school. She is passionate about empowering individuals, has a deep love for food, and can often be found in her natural habitat in the classroom teaching, or in the gym training for powerlifting. On weekends and breaks, you can find her travelling and exploring new cultures, probably with local cusine in hand. Most of all, Jana is passionate about leanring, and ensuring everyone has the opportunity to learn - including herself. Soon, you will see her entering her eighth year of school to finally obtain a master's degree; four degrees later. If you want to follow along, you can find her on Instagram @janaleemorris_