Starbucks Holiday Drinks Ranked

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Everyone is waiting around for new cup and drink releases from Starbucks. Being a gold card holder since 2013, I can declare myself an expert in the subject. So after countless cups of “research” here is my ranking of the Starbucks holiday drinks:

8. Any Cold Holiday Drink

First of all, I am writing this from Indiana so anyone ordering a cold drink in November should be jailed. Since the outside of my body is cold I do not wish the same for my insides. I bet the iced or frappuccino drinks are great sellers in Arizona, they are not recommended to be consumed somewhere it gets colder than a frozen drink.

coordsize=”21600,21600″ o:spt=”75″ o:preferrelative=”t” path=”m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe” filled=”f” stroked=”f”>

type=”#_x0000_t75″ style=’position:absolute;margin-left:27.5pt;margin-top:22pt; width:468pt;height:243.1pt;z-index:251659264;visibility:visible; mso-wrap-style:square;mso-wrap-distance-left:12pt;mso-wrap-distance-top:12pt; mso-wrap-distance-right:12pt;mso-wrap-distance-bottom:12pt; mso-position-horizontal:absolute;mso-position-horizontal-relative:margin; mso-position-vertical:absolute;mso-position-vertical-relative:line’ strokeweight=”1pt”>

o:title=””/>

I am slightly biased but I have never enjoyed flat whites. The spices were good but it was like drinking spicy milk, so I am not a fan. This drink also contained the least amount of calories and sugar.

7. Holiday Spice Flat White

I am slightly biased but I have never enjoyed flat whites. The spices were good but it was like drinking spicy milk, so I am not a fan. However, this drink contained the least amount of calories and sugar.

Calories: 210

Sugar: 22 g

6. Eggnog Latte

If you are a fan of eggnog you may feel this drink is an ultimate treat. If you are like me, you will think it is nasty. I immediately turn my nose up from the eggnog smell. It has the same spice blend as the flat white but with an eggy taste. I would pass if offered it again.

Calories: 450

Sugar: 52 g

5. Gingerbread Latte

Not being a fan of gingerbread, I find this drink surprisingly delicious. The Gingerbread Latte has an extremely spicy flavor and is topped with nutmeg. Luckily, the steamed milk and whipped cream cut down on what could have been overwhelming spice.

Calories: 330

Sugar: 38 g

4. Toasted White Chocolate Mocha

I rushed to Starbucks on campus as soon as it was released but I ended up not being crazy about this drink. The cranberries on top of it confused me because they did not taste like cranberries. The drink essentially tasted like a toasted marshmallow with some weird chewy bits on top.

Calories: 420

Sugar: 53 g

3. Peppermint Mocha

Peppermint and chocolate, what could go wrong? I love the peppermint that Starbucks uses because it is potent but not overpowering and the chocolate they use counteracts the sting. In my opinion, the Peppermint Mocha has the most classic look with whipped cream and dark chocolate curls that look wonderfully festive against the red Christmas cup.

Calories: 440

Sugar: 54 g

2. Chestnut Praline Latte

Sugary, nutty, and Carmel…what more could you ask for? Smelling this drink makes me feel like I am curled up in a big blanket, waiting for Santa to arrive. The Chestnut Praline Latte contains caramelized chestnuts and spices  and is decorated with whipped cream and topped with praline crumbs. My favorite part is getting to the bottom and finding bits of coffee-soaked praline.

Calories: 330

Sugar: 39 g

1. Caramel Brûlée Latte

I wish I could get this drink year-round. Every year I count down the days to holiday drink releases just for this drink alone. I am a big lover of caramel so the Caramel Brûlée Latte always satisfies my sweet tooth. If you also enjoy drinking double the suggested amount of sugars in one drink, I would highly recommend the Caramel Brûlée Latte. After all, we are here for a good time, not a long time.

Calories: 440

Sugar: 54 g

This has been my highly subjective ranking of the Starbucks Holiday drinks, apart from the Pumpkin Spice Latte, which I have not included since it does not deserve a spot on the list. Starbucks also has festive hot chocolates and teas but I decided to not dive into those since my bank account has been tapped out and I have been on a three week sugar high.

Rachael Lowe was born in northern Indiana (the Region) and was raised knowing she would be attending Purdue. As a third generation Boilermaker she is majoring in Agricultural Economics and minoring in Communications. Her passions are traveling, wine, and puppies. In her free time she likes to craft, paint, have a nice glass of moscato, watch movies with friends, and bake. When Rachael graduates in May of 2018 she plans on having as much fun as she did in college. Follow her on Instagram @rachael03
Danielle Wilkinson is an Atlanta native and currently a senior at Purdue University studying Mass Communication. She is the co-correspondent and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Purdue. She has written for several online and print publications in the past including The Purdue Exponent, The Tab, Society 19, Study Breaks Magazine and Voy Study Abroad. She loves traveling, shopping and everything entertainment, especially movies and TV, but 90s rom coms will always be her favorite. She hopes to move to California one day to pursue a career in marketing. In her free time, she loves YouTube, watching movies with her friends, working on her novel, drinking tea and reading books.