This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

Boiler Gold Rush is a weeklong event for incoming freshmen and transfer students at Purdue. During this week freshmen move into their dorms, get to know Purdue’s campus and meet other incoming freshman.  So who organizes BGR and sets up all the activities for the freshmen? That would be Madison Danek, a member of the Student Orientation Committee for BGR, otherwise known as SOC. To be on SOC it takes a person with an enthusiasm for helping students succeed and a passion for BGR. Madison has a bubbly personality and definitely has a love for BGR.

The SOC contains one chair and seven committee member and Madison is one of the committee members. The job of the SOC members is to put together a BGR program that will help students to become acquainted with Purdue and meet other incoming students. Madison spends around 15 hours in the office a week which includes weekly meetings, doing interviews for team supervisors and leaders and putting together the activities of BGR. Madison is responsible for making sure that the appropriate team supervisors and leaders are picked for the position of leading the incoming students through their week of activities during BGR.

Being on the SOC is an honor for any student and is a position that takes many hours of dedication and a love for BGR. Madison is someone who truly loves being a part of helping incoming students succeed and making sure that they have a great time during BGR.