I Tried Bed Head Rockaholic Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo, Here’s What Happened

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

In times of great need and lateness, I find that sometimes in the mornings it can be extremely hard to find the time to shower before I have to leave to go somewhere.

It’s definitely a curse to wake up with an oily/greasy scalp and have zero time to wash my hair. However, instances like this make me glad that dry shampoo is a thing.

Unfortunately, after my last encounter with Psssst! Dry Shampoo, I’ve had a tendency to either accept my lateness and wash my hair for the good of my head or put a baseball cap on and pray that no one comes close enough to notice how gross my hair actually is. Recently, I was given the opportunity to try Bed Head Rockaholic Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo by TIGI.

Trying this dry shampoo gave me a little bit more faith in humanity to make a dry shampoo that didn’t make me want to shave my hair off. Trust me having that feeling of not wanting to be like 2007 Britney and shave my hair is a great feeling. The smell wasn’t overpowering and I found that it smelled kind of citrusy like lemons almost, but it was gone pretty quick. Unlike the other dry shampoo, which I am still a little bit salty over, I felt like I finally got to experience having a “cleanish” feeling without technically washing my hair. As a girl with dark fine hair, having the white residue left over from spraying things in my hair has me super paranoid.

Thankfully, I didn’t really have a big issue with it when I used the dry shampoo, I had just had to follow Taylor Swift’s advice and shake it off.

And afterwards, I felt like my hair was a little bit more va va voom 

with volume after spraying and dispersing the product in my hair. I feel like this product lives up to the line name Bed Head because it tames down the oils that I get after sleeping. But after a while I found that my hair had begun to deflate, probably because I kept running my fingers through my head.

I don’t think I would be using this on a daily basis just because I feel like it’s more of a product I would use if I don’t want to leave my hair down. Overall it wasn’t too bad and I would rate this product a 7 out of 10 would recommend to absorb some of the nasty oils that make me want to pull out my hair and scream.

All the way from Phoenix, Arizona, Janice attends Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana, where she is currently a bioengineering major. Spending her time daydreaming Janice can be found jamming out to any song, watching netflix, or studying for the terrifying tests she has around the corner. You can follow her adventures @janichan on instagram.
Danielle Wilkinson is an Atlanta native and currently a senior at Purdue University studying Mass Communication. She is the co-correspondent and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Purdue. She has written for several online and print publications in the past including The Purdue Exponent, The Tab, Society 19, Study Breaks Magazine and Voy Study Abroad. She loves traveling, shopping and everything entertainment, especially movies and TV, but 90s rom coms will always be her favorite. She hopes to move to California one day to pursue a career in marketing. In her free time, she loves YouTube, watching movies with her friends, working on her novel, drinking tea and reading books.