This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

You are getting ready for class and you are in a hurry. Naturally, something just has to go wrong and in my case, it’s usually a beauty blunder! A smudged nail, mascara all over my eyelid, bleeding lipstick, you name it—it’s happened.  With my past experience I have pretty much mastered the quick fix to some common blunders and am going to share with you all today my quick fixes!

Mascara Glitch

You start with your makeup and decide last moment you want to wear some eye shadow. You just read an article in Cosmo on how to wear a new smokey look and learned some blending techniques. Wallah! That purple shadow is looking good! You look at your clock and realize you have five minutes until you have to leave. You put on your mascara on in a hurry…and then the inevitable; little black spots all on your lid. You just spent all that time perfecting that beautiful purple pallet on your eye! What have I learned since this happens nearly daily to me? I suggest either putting your shadow on first, but in this case, wet a Q-tip, and touch the spots of mascara. The wetness will take it off without having to use makeup remover and take away the shadow as well. I usually just take my finger and blend the shadow over it. The top of your lid should usually be a highlighter, so it’s not noticeable!

Over-Conditioning or Greasy Hair

I am not the luckiest of all people to have gorgeous, thick hair. I got my dad’s side of fine hair and that’s just something I’ve had to deal with.  When it comes to conditioning my hair, less is definitely more. However what happens when you aren’t paying attention and just glob it all over your head? You already know what’s going to happen—your hair feels heavy and if not more dirty when it dries. Naturally, you could re-wash it, but if you already have gotten out of the shower, what can you do? I don’t usually blow-dry my hair, but when this happens I do it because I feel it dries my hair out a little more. Also, when it is dry, sprinkle baby powder into your hair or on your hairbrush. It will take away the heaviness and any form of oil, which is great when your hair feels greasy and you don’t have time to shower!

Too ‘Heavy’ of Foundation

When it comes to foundation, some people don’t care for the heaviness that some foundations give. However, you like the color that you bought and decide you don’t want to take it back. An easy solution is to skip your moisturizer before your foundation, and instead combine it with a little foundation. It will serve more as a tinted moisturizer and not make the foundation as heavy. Just make sure to set with powder!

Bleeding Lipstick

You decide to go bold and find a beautiful cherry red that you are going to show off on a night out with your friends. However, you don’t necessarily want your lips ‘bleeding’. A great way to fix lipstick from doing this is by applying a little foundation on and around your lips. Set the foundation around your lips with some powder. Putting a base on your lips will help show the true color of the lipstick. Last but not least, blot! When there is too much cream on the lips, this is when the lipstick will bleed the most. 

HCXO!

Brittany Cole

Sources:
http://www.self.com/images/beauty/2011/10/best-beauty-tips-01-bess431.jpg
http://img4.realsimple.com/images/New_Uses/2003/baby-powder_300.jpg
http://www.kaurista.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/foundation_tone1.jpg
http://www.temptalia.com/images/tutorials/tutorial_redlips013.jpg

Leta is a senior at Purdue University studying Retail Management with a Certificate in Entrepreneurship & Innovation. Leta is a member of Zeta Tau Alpha and is obsessed with her sisters. An avid shopper and fashionista, Leta spends her time working as an Assistant Manager at Twenty Ten Boutique on Purdue's campus while managing their social media campaigns. Leta started writing for Her Campus Purdue in April of 2011. It was because of her extreme enthusiasm and passion for Her Campus that she was promoted to Purdue University's Campus Correspondent in January of 2012.