Yaktrax: My New Best Friend This Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

This article is the opinion of the author with no influence from YakTrax. All opinions are 100% her own. 

If you ask me to describe last winter, it was about as far from a wonderland as you can get. Piles of dirty snow, icy sidewalks, snow-covered roads, sliding vehicles and falling pedestrians…Yep, that’s about it. State College was beautiful, really.

Fortunately, I was one of those lucky students who fell multiple times during the trek to class… I was less than happy about it. There’s nothing quite like the embarrassment and the pain from a fall that lingers for days to really kick you when you’re down (pun intended).

From that moment on, I was determined to never let it happen again. Yes, I actually got so serious about never falling again in my life that it became a goal of mine. Dream big, right? After doing some of my own research to find that miracle, I made it happen. Yep, you read that right! I will never face the pain of falling on ice again…Jealous? I thought so.

No, I didn’t find alternate means of transportation and didn’t invent anything myself; but, I discovered the next best thing…Yaktrax Pro

Seriously, it is amazing how one little thing can change your life. The Yaktrax Pro is essentially just a rubber sole with added coils that fits over almost any shoe to instantly give you traction on the ice and snow. Literally, you can RUN on the ICE if you want to. If you’re like me, you won’t be running, but it’s pretty damn sweet that you can walk at a normal or fast pace with a stride that says you own the place. Just think about how nice it would be to have them if you were running late. The pros of this product are endless!

If you’re intersted in getting your own pair of Yaktrax Pro, feel free to follow this link. I purchased mine on Amazon, and it was seriously my best investment ever. It’s such a small price to pay for instant stability and confidence.

Kearsten is a proud Penn State alumna.  She received her B.A. in journalism in May 2015.  During her time at Penn State, she loved editing the work of her fellow writers through her position as the Vice President and Head Editor for Her Campus Penn State.  As far as post-grad life goes... as long as she can write or edit, she is happy!   
Rachael David is currently a senior at Penn State University and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State. She is majoring in public relations and minoring in psychology. Her love of creative writing and all things Penn State is what inspired her to become a member of the HC team in the fall of 2013. Her background experience includes working for the Undergraduate Admissions Office at Penn State as a social media intern in the spring of 2014 and is currently working as a social media intern for an internet marketing company in Harrisburg called WebpageFX. This past summer she also served as a PR intern for Tierney Communications. Rachael enjoys anything media related especially catching up on her favorite shows, including Saturday Night Live and any show on Food Network. She has a passion for food but also loves being active and spending her free time running or hiking. She hopes to gain more experience in all aspects of the media industry during college and plans on pursuing a career writing for a life & style publication in the future.