Words of Wisdom on Body Image

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

If you are reading this article it’s likely because you saw the title and that means you need to hear something extremely important…

I’m going to keep this short and sweet.

Looking into the mirror is one of the hardest things you will do ever but I want you to know that the imperfections that you see – someone else find as perfections and someone else that is also looking into the mirror is struggling with it too.

You are normal to feel the way you feel. It’s okay to doubt yourself or feel like hell at times.

Self love is important but it takes time. Time is your friend – utilize and accept it. Self love takes a lot of work, time and energy.

Practice self love everyday.

Stop comparing. Celebrate your wins. Reflect on your loses. Embrace the things that make you different. Be realistic. Find happy places. Take time for you each day. Be patient.

You are worthy.

You are beautiful.

Photo Credit: 1

Emily Chertow loves to create conversations and dialogue for her writing - to keep updated on what she is up to, follow her on social media @echertow. Reach out to her, she is always there to talk!
Meghan Maffey graduated from the Pennslyvania State University in the Spring of 2017. She graduated with a degree in Broadcast Journalism and a minor in English.