Stuff Your Mom Shares On Facebook

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

You know the feeling. You log onto Facebook for the first time in forever. You nervously scroll through your feed knowing that you are about to be swamped with posts from the one and only person who actually still uses Facebook: your mom.

Let’s use my mom as an example.

1. The “Classic Mom” Post:

Your mom has to make sure that her 43 Facebook friends know she’s #relatable.

2. The “I Clearly Love My Pets More Than I Love My Daughter” Posts:

Her ratio of posts about your pets versus posts about you is approximately five to one.

3. The “Mom Whatever You Do PLEASE Don’t Post That One” Post:

Your mom always chooses the ONE picture that you told her she’s not allowed to post. Always.

4. The “I Take These Quizzes Seriously” Post

Your mom doesn’t think twice about the fact that Facebook quizzes will probably give her computer a virus. She just needs answers.

5. The “How Many Likes Can I Get If I Roast My Daughter” Posts:

She sits and waits for you to storm into her room so she can laugh in your face.

6. The “How Many Likes Can I Get If I Roast My Husband” Posts:

She jeopardizes her marriage for double-digit likes.

7. The “Zen” Post

She tries to seem calm, cool  and collected by sharing peaceful quotes. You know she’s bluffin’.

8. The “I Still Don’t Know How to Use Facebook Even Though I Post Every Day” Post

Mom, you tagged me in this post. I got a notification that says “Don’t tell Rachel Anton”.

9. The RARE “My Daughter Actually Likes Something I Posted” Post

Every once in awhile, she’s actually relatable.

10. The “Mama Knows Best” Post:

As much as you want to unfriend her sometimes, she’s always right.

Rachel is a freshman at Penn State majoring in Advertising/Public Relations in the College of Communications. She is new to Her Campus and all of the other things PSU has to offer. She hopes to get involved with Club Croquet, THON, and CommAgency. Rachel loves writing, drawing, and cracking jokes. Some people know her from her Vine account, Messing With Rich, where she messes with her dad and films his reactions. Rachel is known to have a tendency to get carried away while talking about her five cats. She loves her cats more than she loves herself. Follow her on Instagram/Twitter where you can find pictures of her kitties and such: Rachel_Anton2
Meghan Maffey graduated from the Pennslyvania State University in the Spring of 2017. She graduated with a degree in Broadcast Journalism and a minor in English.