This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

This year’s date auction was a success, to say the least. Tons of people came out to show their support and bid on complete strangers. This year the highest bid of $72 went to junior Stevie Sievers. Stevie is a junior majoring in mechanical engineering and was named Penn State Homecoming’s Emcee! I felt like everyone should have the chance to know how truly awesome Stevie is, so I sat down with him this week and he is this week’s profile.

Also, to the girl that was the highest bidder…he’d love to take you out! He has meal points.

HC: What are you involved in at Penn State?

SS: Well, I am an RA in East, have been on THON committees the last two years (Entertainment and Special Events), PSU Race Team and will be Emceeing this year’s Homecoming along with HC writer Emily Chertow! Which I’m super excited for.

HC: How did you get involved in the HC date auction?

SS: A friend (Duffy) asked me if I would help her out with a fundraiser, so I said of course, without really knowing what it entailed.

HC: What was your initial thought when your name was announced and you walked onto the stage?

SS: My first thought was probably, “ Well, here goes nothing.” I was pretty nervous, but I knew I had my sister and cousin in the crowd, and if all else failed, I knew I could make them laugh.

HC: How much did you think you were going to go for?

SS: I thought I would be lucky if I went for $10. I was campaigning for a week before the event to get as many people I knew to go. I was trying to rope in my residents, committee members, friends, family, really anyone.

HC: What were you thinking when girls kept bidding/were you even thinking?!

SS: I was unconscious for the first couple of bids, but once we hit the $30 mark I just wanted to keep it going. I knew that the money was going to a good cause and I wanted to have fun with it.

HC: Would you recommend being in the auction to your friends?

SS: For sure. I think it is a great way to spread awareness of a problem that has affected many college students.

HC: What was your overall impression of the date auction?

SS: Everyone involved was easy to work with and extremely kind. I could tell a lot of hard work was put into hosting such a great event and that everyone truly care about the cause. I had a great experience

Meghan Maffey graduated from the Pennslyvania State University in the Spring of 2017. She graduated with a degree in Broadcast Journalism and a minor in English.