Ryan Beckler

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Name: Ryan Beckler
Major: Marketing
Minor: in Media Studies
Hometown: Philadelphia, Pa.
Year: Junior

HC: What are your goals after graduation?
Ryan: Make money, marry a beautiful wife, have two sons and buy my mom a beach house.

HC: What is your idea of a perfect date?
Ryan: Now I am a romantic, but I’m not really into going all out to impress someone. I am a simple man when it comes to dates. The most important thing is to be comfortable, so I don’t attempt to be someone who I am not.

So I guess my perfect date would be to spend the day on a Caribbean beach, where we relax and she applies sunscreen to the places that I cannot reach. Next, we cook breakfast for dinner together—she has to cook the bacon though. Then we chat about life and watch Whose Line Is It Anyway, the Virgin Diaries, Boardwalk Empire, Bridezillas, the NFL, or Storage Wars, her choice. Finally, we go back out on the beach at night and dip our feet in the water while stargazing.

HC: Most attractive quality in a girl?
Ryan: I believe that eyes, smile and intelligence are the most attractive qualities on a girl. Eyes and smile are quite obvious, but the ability for a girl to hold a reasonable conversation can go a long way.

HC: What are some things people would be surprised to know about you?
Ryan: I don’t like mac and cheese, I’m an only child, I wrote this VS article two months ago, I’ve camped out for every Penn State football game, I’ve traveled to four continents and I’ve been to a Super Bowl.

HC: Favorite movie?
Ryan: Probably anything featuring Russell Crowe or Scarlett Johansson

HC: What is one thing on your Penn State bucket list?
Ryan: I honestly think I’ve done everything on the list already, but getting married on Old Main lawn would be pretty neat.