Penn State #Selfie Challenge Part 2: The Winners Are In

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Individuals throughout the Penn State community and beyond are constantly raising the bar for perfecting the art of selfie taking. Selecting the perfect filter, finding the best angle and capturing the perfect moment with a friend (or celebrity) are all essentials for a memorable selfie. These 25 selfies you are about to view will have even you stepping up your selfie game. Ladies and gentlemen, the search is over, we have found Penn State’s top 25 #selfies! BUT FIRST let me take— just kidding, read on.

Coming in at #25 is sophomore Danielle Wegman who captured this great shot of Gamma Phi Beta’s newest members during bid day festivities! 

Senior Brenna Urban comes in strong for the #24 spot with this snowy stadium selfie. 

#23 goes to these delicious-looking hamburgers (peek also: Tierney Flynn and Nicole Stevenson, both juniors).  #yum

Her Campus’ own Sophie Randall, sophomore, fills the #22 spot with this selfie from the riot earlier this semester. 

Sophomore Devin McGinn comes in at #21 with everyone’s favorite lion.

Ronald Reagan drinks out of red solo cups while wearing a hot dog costume? JK! It’s senior Timmy McManus who takes the #20 on our countdown. 

Junior Julie Dunnigan rocking her braids (which took a whopping 22 hours to complete, sheesh…) during her summer in Ghana comes in at #19. 

Senior Cassie Eng and sophomore David Gaddy take the #18 spot with this colorful selfie from the Color Run. 

Hey Gang, here’s #17! Shout out to PSU business majors and this selfie snapped by junior Tara Cremin when walking in front of Ron Jon to his BA342 class.

#16 goes out to Mike Wazowski and junior Tierney Flynn! 

Junior Macy Brinton celebrating hump day with this crazy camel comes in at #15 on our countdown! 

Junior KT Boyle takes #14 with her sassy, selfie-loving dolphin friend. 

Our #13 spot goes to sophomore Olivia McMahon (Livi in Paris) and the Eiffel tower. 

Junior Jess Crimmin snapped this selfie with Andre the tiger during her internship at the Big Cats Rescue in Florida this summer. These two gained our #12 spot!

#11 goes to juniors Maureen Gallagher, Colleen Tygh and Zach Berquist with special guest, Franco Harris!

Cassie Eng makes another appearance on our countdown at #10 with this shot overlooking the city of Barcelona. 

#9 goes to senior Michael Barton who courageously snapped this selfie at The Phyrst with WWE wrestler The Great Khali. 

Junior Zykeea Atwell comes in at #8 with her post-op shot; she might’ve lost some wisdom but she gained a great selfie!

This year’s homecoming emcee, sophomore David Gaddy, comes in at #7 with another great lion selfie!

#6 goes to senior Rebecca Silverstein and her epic selfie with the Swiss Alps. 

Junior Brittany Taggart dives her way into #5 with her free falling selfie (pun intended).

Junior Emily Grabowski grabbed the #4 spot with this selfie featuring the ever-so-dapper Coach James Franklin. 

Though she may not go to Penn State, a friend of Kim Calvert’s sent in this selfie with Liam Hemsworth and Miley Cyrus (R.I.P) and it was too epic not to include! Congrats on the #3 spot. 

Sophomore Ryan McCormick gets our runner up spot with this legendary selfie of himself and Penn State President Eric Barron while tailgating before this year’s first home game. 

And our #1 selfie goes to… junior Bridget O’Brien who captured the beauty of a Penn State tailgate in the reflection of her Ray Bans!

Thank you to everyone who submitted your incredible selfies and be sure to keep sending us your best Penn State selfies! We’ll be sure to give the best ones a shout out. Remember to always believe in your #selfie!

HCXO,

HC PSU 

Rachael David is currently a senior at Penn State University and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State. She is majoring in public relations and minoring in psychology. Her love of creative writing and all things Penn State is what inspired her to become a member of the HC team in the fall of 2013. Her background experience includes working for the Undergraduate Admissions Office at Penn State as a social media intern in the spring of 2014 and is currently working as a social media intern for an internet marketing company in Harrisburg called WebpageFX. This past summer she also served as a PR intern for Tierney Communications. Rachael enjoys anything media related especially catching up on her favorite shows, including Saturday Night Live and any show on Food Network. She has a passion for food but also loves being active and spending her free time running or hiking. She hopes to gain more experience in all aspects of the media industry during college and plans on pursuing a career writing for a life & style publication in the future.