New Semester, New Opportunities: How to Join Our Team

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

We know what you’re thinking.

I love Her Campus, and I love to write, but how do I become a member of Her Campus Penn State?

Well, our fellow collegiettes, consider this your personal invitation. Our organization is welcoming new members for the fall semester!

In case you’re curious as to what you’re signing on for, allow us to introduce you to the #1 global community for college women – HerCampus.com. Launched in 2009 by three fabulous Harvard grads, this national publication is written entirely by the world’s top college journalists with over 7,000 contributing writers and almost 300 campus chapters across the globe. Delivering content on love, life, beauty, health and much more, Her Campus proudly boasts the tagline “A Collegiette’s Guide to Life”™

As the Penn State chapter of this national organization, Her Campus Penn State allows student writers to become published authors through our personal page featuring topics exciting and relevant to young women within the Penn State community.  Though our main focus is on the writing and ensuring we continually post content to our page, we consider ourselves to be a fully developed organization of The Pennsylvania State University and continually seek out ways to develop our chapter’s publicity, social media buzz and philanthropic efforts.

Find out why our current members chose to join the HC team:

“I chose to get involved with Her Campus Penn State last year because I wanted a way to share my voice as a PSU collegiette. “

“I became involved with Her Campus to join a positive community of women who empower, inspire and support each other and their talents.”

“I love writing for Her Campus because it allows me to express myself and my thoughts in a fun way and being CC has given me the most amazing opportunity to work with talented writers and make even better friends.”

“I joined Her Campus because every club I joined (and eventually left) kind of felt like a chore. However, Her Campus completely changed my perspective because I asked myself after the first meeting, “Wait, I can actually have FUN at clubs?” I genuinely look forward to the meetings because they are filled with SO much positivity, fun and productivity that you can’t help but feel accomplished and smile when you leave.”

We know, it’s pretty great. So if you’re interested in joining us and becoming an official writer, photographer or publicity pro of Her Campus Penn State, please follow THIS LINK to our online application. The application is brief but vital in helping us discover the passion and perseverance we look for in our members.

Note: As you’ll see in the application, we do require that you send us your resumé along with a brief (300-500 word) sample prompt that could serve as a potential article for our site and exemplifies the type of writing you enjoy most.

If you have any questions at all, please feel free to reach out to our CCs Rachael and Meghan at psu@hercampus.com.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Rachael David is currently a senior at Penn State University and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State. She is majoring in public relations and minoring in psychology. Her love of creative writing and all things Penn State is what inspired her to become a member of the HC team in the fall of 2013. Her background experience includes working for the Undergraduate Admissions Office at Penn State as a social media intern in the spring of 2014 and is currently working as a social media intern for an internet marketing company in Harrisburg called WebpageFX. This past summer she also served as a PR intern for Tierney Communications. Rachael enjoys anything media related especially catching up on her favorite shows, including Saturday Night Live and any show on Food Network. She has a passion for food but also loves being active and spending her free time running or hiking. She hopes to gain more experience in all aspects of the media industry during college and plans on pursuing a career writing for a life & style publication in the future.