Movies That Will Keep the Romance Alive

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Although Valentine’s Day makes for the perfect excuse to sit in bed and watch romance movies all day long, there’s no reason why romance movies should be limited to just the holiday of love.

1. Pride and Prejudice

Specifically, the one with Keira Knightly and Matthew MacFadyen.

2. Fifty Shades of Grey

The romantic trilogy that ensnared us all.

3. P.S I Love You

Also a good go-to for when you just need a good cry.

4. Literally any Nicholas Sparks movie

Most notably, The Choice and The Notebook.

5. Pretty Woman

The ultimate glow-up movie.

6. Dirty Dancing

Patrick Swayze and his moves will satisfy any lack of romance in your love life.

7. 27 Dresses

Always a bridesmaid and never a bride.

8. Monster in Law

The ultimate showdown between soon-to-be-mother and daughter-in-law. We all hope we never get a mother-in-law like Jane Fonda plays in this movie.

9. The Vow

Who can resist the charms of Channing Tatum?

10. Magic Mike XXL

Honestly, what’s not to like? With shirtless Channing Tatum, Joe Manganiello, Matt Bomer and more – what else could you possibly wish for?

11. When in Rome

Kristen Bell shows us the epitome of “careful what you wish for” in this romantic comedy.

12. 50 First Dates

Who knew Adam Sandler could be so romantic?

13. This Means War

For any girl who’s ever wanted two gorgeous men fighting over her (those two men being Chris Pine and Tom Hardy.)

14. Letters to Juliet

A movie about reuniting old love and finding new love.

15. Mr. & Mrs. Smith  

Angelina and Brad really showcase typical marriage problems in this movie.

16. The Princess Bride

Because Westley was smoother than butter in this infamous movie.

17. 10 Things I Hate About You

Face it, we’ve all wanted to be serenaded like this.

What movie will you watch first?

GIFs via Giphy

Haley Deitz is a Senior at The Pennsylvania State University, pursuing an Advertising major with minors in Media Studies, Women’s Studies, and Digital Media Trends and Analytics. Haley is a contributing writer for Her Campus Penn State, whose dream job is still yet to be determined. Her hobbies include reading, writing, and being the best dog mom she can be.
Allie Maniglia served as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Penn State from 2017-2018. She majored in public relations with minors in international studies and communication arts and sciences. If she's not busy writing away, you can find her planning her next adventure (probably back to the U.K.), feeding an unhealthy addiction to HGTV or watching dog videos on YouTube.