Movie Review: The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

We all know that during the winter months, going to the movie theater or even staying home to snuggle up with some blankets and watch a movie in your favorite pajamas, is the best way to escape the frigid weather. If you’re looking for a light-hearted movie, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty is the one to see. It’s a film that everyone will enjoy, whether it’s your sorority sister, your boyfriend, or a family member.

Walter Mitty, played by Ben Stiller, is your ordinary guy with an average, rather boring, life. He gets a complete reality check when he is called by an employee of the dating site he is on who asks what he has done or where he has traveled, for the purpose of sprucing up his profile. After thinking it over, he realizes that he has no activities or places to list. This is just one of the factors that drive him to transform his lackluster life.   

The film follows his inspiring, romantic, comedic and epic journey to live a less boring life. This is a heartwarming film that is sure to bring a smile to everyone’s face. 

So, now you know what you’re doing this weekend, right?

Kearsten is a proud Penn State alumna.  She received her B.A. in journalism in May 2015.  During her time at Penn State, she loved editing the work of her fellow writers through her position as the Vice President and Head Editor for Her Campus Penn State.  As far as post-grad life goes... as long as she can write or edit, she is happy!   
Torri Singer is an undergrad student at Penn State University. She is a broadcast journalism major and loves all things creative, so when she joined the PSU HC chapter she knew it was right up her alley. Her favorite topics to cover include lifestyle, pop culture, relationships and current events. When she isn't writing or editing she loves trying her hand at photography and recently won second place in the national Society of Professional Journalism award for her photography coverage of Hurricane Sandy. Torri is currently interning in New York City in the creative services department of WPIX Chanel 11 News as well as writing editorial pieces for The Two River Times Newspaper in New  Jersey. After graduation she hopes to be heading to live in New York City, her favorite place in the world.