This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Kearsten is ready for class or even a casual date night with this simple but trendy outfit. She loves to keep things simple while still maintaining a certain sense of style. Her outfit consists of a basic white tank top from Target, a light-weight denim button down from Forever 21, and a flowy maroon maxi skirt from Charlotte Russe. Her look is completed with simple eye makeup, a classic bun, a red lip, and strappy metallic gold sandals from Forever 21.    

Name: Kearsten Baranchak

Year: Junior

Major: Sociology

HC: What is your fashion staple piece?

Kearsten: My fashion staple piece would have to be my favorite brown combat boots.

HC: Do you have a signature that you incorporate into all of your looks?

Kearsten: I never feel finished without some type of statement lip.

HC: Who do you consider to be a style icon?

Kearsten: Emma Stone and Emma Watson. I really like how casual but classy Emma Stone is and how Emma Watson is more edgy.

HC:  What’s your fashion motto?

Kearsten: Always try something once. Basically, don’t be afraid to try something even if you think you may not be able to pull it off.

Kearsten is a proud Penn State alumna.  She received her B.A. in journalism in May 2015.  During her time at Penn State, she loved editing the work of her fellow writers through her position as the Vice President and Head Editor for Her Campus Penn State.  As far as post-grad life goes... as long as she can write or edit, she is happy!   
Torri Singer is an undergrad student at Penn State University. She is a broadcast journalism major and loves all things creative, so when she joined the PSU HC chapter she knew it was right up her alley. Her favorite topics to cover include lifestyle, pop culture, relationships and current events. When she isn't writing or editing she loves trying her hand at photography and recently won second place in the national Society of Professional Journalism award for her photography coverage of Hurricane Sandy. Torri is currently interning in New York City in the creative services department of WPIX Chanel 11 News as well as writing editorial pieces for The Two River Times Newspaper in New  Jersey. After graduation she hopes to be heading to live in New York City, her favorite place in the world.