jonathan j castellon be8AmxavYp8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jonathan j castellon be8AmxavYp8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

HUB Starbucks Barista: Jacqueline Jimenez

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Year: Freshman

Major: Elementary Education

Hometown: Newtown, Pennsylvania

Jacqueline may look like a normal Penn State student but the truth is, she is so much more. In fact, she is the sole reason you are able to make it to your 8 A.M. on Mondays or function at all on Fridays. Though she may just be a Starbucks barista to some, to us she is an angel sent from the college life gods.

We had a few questions for Jacqueline to find out what the life of a HUB Starbucks barista is like at Penn State. 

HC: So why did you decide to work at the Starbucks in the HUB, a.k.a. one of the busiest places at Penn State?

JJ: I’ve always liked Starbucks and wanted to work there. It really worked out for me because my older sister is a barista there, so it was a great way for me to get a part-time job.

HC: What is the most difficult thing about working for the Starbucks in the HUB?

JJ: Can I only pick one thing? There are a few things that are really rough: long a$$ lines, Monday morning lines and when there are a lot of people in line in general.

HC: What is something you wish you could tell all of the people waiting?

JJ: I promise we are really going as fast as we can! And if your drink is ever wrong please tell us! There are a lot of moments where things can be miscommunicated.

HC: Like people’s names, for example?

JJ: Exactly! We are trying to get your drink out as fast as possible. Your name could have been written incorrectly at the register or we’re just trying to call out drinks quickly. Sometimes “Daniel” becomes “Danielle.”

HC: What do you enjoy about working at Starbucks?

JJ: The people I work with. Your co-workers make all the difference, and it really helps when someone can add humor to a stressful situation.

HC: Is it difficult balancing school, work, clubs and a social life?

JJ: Yes, it was a huge adjustment coming to college and being thrown into everything at once, but it really taught me time management.

HC: What is your favorite Starbucks drink?

JJ: I have too many!

HC: Top three?

JJ: Vanilla Latte, Passion Tea Lemonade and Iced Coffee with caramel and soy milk.

Rachael David is currently a senior at Penn State University and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State. She is majoring in public relations and minoring in psychology. Her love of creative writing and all things Penn State is what inspired her to become a member of the HC team in the fall of 2013. Her background experience includes working for the Undergraduate Admissions Office at Penn State as a social media intern in the spring of 2014 and is currently working as a social media intern for an internet marketing company in Harrisburg called WebpageFX. This past summer she also served as a PR intern for Tierney Communications. Rachael enjoys anything media related especially catching up on her favorite shows, including Saturday Night Live and any show on Food Network. She has a passion for food but also loves being active and spending her free time running or hiking. She hopes to gain more experience in all aspects of the media industry during college and plans on pursuing a career writing for a life & style publication in the future.