Her Campus PSU & She’s the First #BakeAChange

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

This Monday, October 27, Her Campus Penn State is partnering with She’s the First in their mission to raise money for girls’ education in low-income countries, giving them the chance to become the first in their families to graduate from secondary school.  Sunday marked the beginning of their 4th annual Tie-Dye Cupcake Bake-Off with organizations around the globe, all united to raise awareness and funds for girls’ education throughout the week. All proceeds will go to She’s the First in their sponsorship of girls who will be first in their families to graduate high school in low-income countries.

Her Campus Penn State could not be prouder to support such a deserving cause and will be participating in the bake-off by holding a tie-dye cupcake bake sale right outside of The Corner Room on W. College Ave. It will take place from 11 A.M. to 2 P.M. Monday. Please stop by our sale and help us further the education of girls around the globe, empowering them to become strong and successful young women.

#BakeAChange

Rachael David is currently a senior at Penn State University and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State. She is majoring in public relations and minoring in psychology. Her love of creative writing and all things Penn State is what inspired her to become a member of the HC team in the fall of 2013. Her background experience includes working for the Undergraduate Admissions Office at Penn State as a social media intern in the spring of 2014 and is currently working as a social media intern for an internet marketing company in Harrisburg called WebpageFX. This past summer she also served as a PR intern for Tierney Communications. Rachael enjoys anything media related especially catching up on her favorite shows, including Saturday Night Live and any show on Food Network. She has a passion for food but also loves being active and spending her free time running or hiking. She hopes to gain more experience in all aspects of the media industry during college and plans on pursuing a career writing for a life & style publication in the future.