Hayride: As Told By A Typical College Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

1. Okay, so out of my 16 flannels that I own, which one will complement the cute scarf I just bought at Urban?  I spent $45 on it, and there’s no way in hell I’m not wearing it.

2. Pre-gaming on a Wednesday at 5:30 P.M. is totally normal…not.

3. Ugh, someone just put on Luke Bryan…can’t he be my date instead? His butt though… Like, come on.

4. Cue the buzzed renditions of “Wagon Wheel” as I force my date to take pics in 5 different poses because I need to be on my good side and in good lighting ‘cause this needs to be insta-worthy, obvi.

5. Bus leaves in 10 minutes…where are all my belongings that I suddenly can’t find ANYWHERE?

6. Yup, still hate school buses.

7. This ride is hitting the 30-minute mark. Please someone get me off this thing.

8. We’re here! In the middle of nowhere! In a forest! It’s 30 degrees! Yay!

9. WAIT, THEY HAVE HOTDOGS?!

10. Let’s all go sit by the fire, and try not to get hypothermia.

11. I think this band has played the same song five times. I don’t know why I continue to dance around, but I think I look cute doing it so…?

12. No one’s going to see me as I go get another hot dog, will they?

13. Can’t. Feel. My. Toes. I’m. Cold. Let’s. Complain. Because.

14. I’m just going to go to the woods because I am NOT about waiting in this line for Porta-Potties. 

15. …That leaf just moved. Oh my god, it’s probably a bear. I’m going to die. No one’s going to hear me. I’m donezo. Goodbye world…

16. Wait, where did my date go?

17. Okay everyone, group pics! Fake laughs! OMG, so candid.

18. Ugh no, not another bus again. No, no, no… Can I hitchhike home?

19. Is Gumby’s still open? Who wants pokeys? Just kidding, getting an XL all to myself #sorrynotsorry.

20. My bed…where art thou?

Chellsy Costello is currently a senior at Penn State University majoring in Public Relations/Advertising and minoring in Recreation, Park, and Tourism Management. In her free time, she loves finding new artists to listen to, watching football, trying new recipes in the kitchen, and finding time to hit the gym. Her current and past experiences include Wenner Media, Press Here Publicity, The Nittany Lion Club, Varsity 'S' Club, Valley Magazine, and Happy Valley Communications. She hopes to land her dream job in New York City or another major city after graduation and someday hopes to travel as much as she can.
Rachael David is currently a senior at Penn State University and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State. She is majoring in public relations and minoring in psychology. Her love of creative writing and all things Penn State is what inspired her to become a member of the HC team in the fall of 2013. Her background experience includes working for the Undergraduate Admissions Office at Penn State as a social media intern in the spring of 2014 and is currently working as a social media intern for an internet marketing company in Harrisburg called WebpageFX. This past summer she also served as a PR intern for Tierney Communications. Rachael enjoys anything media related especially catching up on her favorite shows, including Saturday Night Live and any show on Food Network. She has a passion for food but also loves being active and spending her free time running or hiking. She hopes to gain more experience in all aspects of the media industry during college and plans on pursuing a career writing for a life & style publication in the future.