Graduation Photos: Penn State Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

With the last few days of the semester dwindling down, often you see all of the seniors waiting in long lines to take pictures at Penn State’s most iconic places. The Lion Shrine, Pattee and Paterno Library, and the Penn State sign are just a few places to take pictures at on the rest of the spring afternoons in State College.

The Nittany Lion Shrine

Being Penn State’s most photographed statue, the Nittany Lion Shrine is a perfect place to take your pictures to show your Penn State pride. 

Old Main:

Scattered along the stone stairs, Old Main is the perfect location for the iconic throwing of your graduation caps. 

Your College Building:

Important to your college career, you should show the building you’ve spent four years in and out of some love. 

Pattee and Paterno Library:

Whether or not you enjoyed getting lost in the long hallways and the stacks, you have to admit that Pattee and Paterno Library has become your home over the last four years. Late nights and endless coffee runs would not have been the same without the shine from the green lights in the Harry Potter room. 

The Penn State Sign:

The welcome sign screams Penn State University and with the large letters and wide sign, it’s your favorite hello and your hardest goodbye. 

The Allen Street Gates:

The tulips and dark iron gates welcome you into the university and make the perfect background for champagne popping and holding on for one last horrah.  

Beaver Stadium:

4 years of cheering on your favorite football team, eating chicken baskets and spending a sunny day in the spring rooting for your new recruits, Beaver Stadium has been your home away from home and it’s only right to take pictures and appreciate the place where we beat Michigan in double overtime. 

Walking Into Your Future Like…

At the end of the day, Happy Valley has become your home. Good luck, collegiettes, and congratulations! 

Images: Meghan Maffey Photography & Katie Morrison Photography

Meghan Maffey graduated from the Pennslyvania State University in the Spring of 2017. She graduated with a degree in Broadcast Journalism and a minor in English.