Global Entrepreneurship Week to open doors at Penn State

Posted -

Every November, as a part of Global Entrepreneurship Week, students and faculty of all academic backgrounds come together to embrace and strengthen relationships between the Penn State community and local entrepreneurships.

This year’s weeklong celebration will take place from Nov. 13 to Nov. 17, with events occurring at University Park and across 13 branch campuses.

The weeklong series of events will include competitions such as HackPSU, where students work together to solve problems through technology development, workshops, networking opportunities, daily presentations and keynote speakers.

Global Entrepreneurship Week is a worldwide effort to encourage ideas and innovation while providing opportunities for students to make those ideas a reality. Local and international business owners and professionals will make their way to State College to answer questions, to remind students of the unique ways to begin businesses and to prove that no idea is too small or too big.  

For more information on the tons of events going on throughout the week, you can find the GEW schedule here!

Comments

About The Author

Allie Maniglia is a senior at Penn State and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Penn State. She is majoring in public relations with minors in international studies and communication arts and sciences. If she's not busy writing away, you can find her planning her next adventure (probably back to the U.K.), feeding an unhealthy addiction to HGTV or watching dog videos on YouTube. You can find her on Twitter at @idrcallie.