A Fabulous Recap: The PSU Fall Student Drag Show

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Last night, Penn State’s LGBTQA+ Student Roundtable hosted its biannual Student Drag Show in the HUB-Robeson Center.

There was an amazing turnout of approximately 250 students and community members, and many had to be turned away simply because the room was over capacity. The show was also recorded for those who weren’t able to see the performances in person.

Ten beautiful queens and two studly kings took the stage just shortly after 10 p.m. and gave performances that were truly unforgettable. Audience members were encouraged to bring cash to give to the queens and kings during their performances.

The host of the show, Jose Queervo, had an amazing stage presence and was able to keep the audience engaged and excited throughout the two-hour event.

Each drag artist took the stage individually and astonished the crowd with one surprise after another — with everything from costumes rigged with lights to splits, high kicks, over-the-top wigs and, of course, lots of glitter.

For the finale, there was a lip-sync battle showdown. Hexxa, Absinthe, Patent Pending, and Peaches battled it out to see who would be awarded first place. However, no winner was selected due to unforeseen circumstances.

Overall, the Penn State Student Drag Show slayed all of our lives. Everyone had a great time cheering on the queens and kings – I know I lost my voice from cheering so much!

Photo by Katerina Procyk | Her Campus Penn State​

My name is Ally May, I am currently a junior at Penn State and I am majoring in Public Relations with a minor in Business Liberal Arts.
Kat Procyk is a Penn State senior studying multimedia journalism. She loves dogs, cameras, w(h)ine and experiencing life. She hopes to either continue with journalism or go into the film industry.