The Different Types Of Girls Living On Your Floor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Living in a dorm is a special experience. There is no other time in your life when you can say you lived with 40 other girls. With so many girls, there are bound to be some interesting characters and some who you may call a lifelong friend!

1. The Party Girls

These girls are a lot of fun to go out with because they always have a good time. They are also notorious for coming back to the dorm at 3 a.m. on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays completely wasted, sometimes bringing the party with them which brings us to the next one.​

2. The Party Room

This may or not belong to the party girls on your floor. The party room always has a few too many people in it, party lights and definitely loud music, especially when the RA is gone. If you have a supplemental room on your floor, this 100 percent goes to them!​

3. The Mom

This precious girl is always checking up on everyone. She makes sure everyone gets home safely, has medicine when they are sick and most importantly gets a “mom” hug when they are stressed.​

4. The Girl Who Doesn’t Actually Live On The Floor

This is the girl you never recognize on the floor, but you keep seeing her everywhere. She probably knows your name but you definitely don’t know hers. Does she live here? Does her friend live here or is she just creepy? No one knows.​

5. The Girl Whose Door Is Always Open

This girl is super friendly and always wanting to make new friends. She also might like to people watch and keep an eye on who’s on the floor, maybe even listen to a conversation here and there.​

6. The Girl You Always See in the Bathroom

You never see this girl anywhere else but the bathroom. For some reason you have the same schedule. This could either be really weird and awkward or comical.

7. The Girl Who Always Forgets About Her Laundry

For whatever reason, she never sets a timer for her laundry. You always have to give her a friendly reminder to come get it so you can wash your clothes.​

8. The Girl Who Always Shares

Whenever someone needs something in the GroupMe, she is the first to offer to share or help! She also is always willing to share food she gets in care packages. You know you can always count on her!​

9. The Girl Who Sheds

To be honest, this is most girls, but this girl never cleans up her pretty locks so they are all over the toilet, the sink and shower. Clean up after yourself, please!!

10. The Girls Who Ghost You After the First Month

You thought you girls were tight, until one day they stop talking to you and avoid you on the floor at all costs. The worst part is you will never know what happened. Who needs them anyway!​

11. The Girl Who Never Comes Out of Her Room

You see this girl like once a month but other than that it seems like she stays in her room all the time. Does she go to class, shower or eat? Who knows.​

12. The Girl On the Phone

This girl seems to always be on the phone in the hallway. She’s either screeching with her BFF from high school or crying and screaming with her boyfriend, there is no in between. It always happens to be when you trying to get work done or sleep which is annoying.

13. The Roommates Who Are Always Fighting

Unfortunately, not everyone gets along well with her roommate. These girls always seem to be fighting about something until one of them finally moves out. Hopefully you don’t live next to these girls.

14. The Girls Who are best friends with the RA

These girls are always hanging out with the RA and writing inside jokes on her whiteboard. Don’t worry; it’s nothing to be jealous of. Just try and stay on the good side of your RA and you’ll be fine.

Do you know any of these girls or do you identify with any of them? It’s great to have different personalities as long as we can all respect each other and hopefully have a good year together! Living in a dorm doesn’t last forever collegiettes, enjoy it while you can!

Photo Credit: 1

Meghan Maffey graduated from the Pennslyvania State University in the Spring of 2017. She graduated with a degree in Broadcast Journalism and a minor in English.