wolfgang hasselmann TwLGzTFFFio unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
wolfgang hasselmann TwLGzTFFFio unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Major: Finance

Year: Sophomore

Relationship Status: Single

Hometown: Oakdale, NY (Long Island)

HC: Do you have any nicknames?

DC: People just call me by my last name a lot: Candito.

HC: Are you in a fraternity on campus? If so, which one?

DC: Yes, Beta Theta Pi.

HC: What is your favorite part about being in Beta Theta Pi? 

DC: Having a house chef and living in such a nice house.

HC: Why did you choose to go to Penn State?

DC: I feel like Penn State chose me sort of, but I think it worked out really well because it fits my personality and is the perfect distance from home.

HC: You’re involved in THON for a second year this year.  Which committee are you on, and what is your favorite memory of THON?

DC: I was on Morale last year and Dancer Relations this year. My favorite memory was seeing my dancer after THON and being so proud of her for making it all 46 hours knowing I helped.

HC: What is your favorite part about being a student at PSU?

DC: Tailgating on game days, all the opportunities Penn State has offered me and the people I have met.

HC: What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? 

DC: Life is going to knock you down and throw you curveballs sometimes, and there really isn’t anything you can do about it… and so what? Life goes on, so don’t stress about little things because life is too short.

HC: If you had to give the world one piece of advice, what would it be and why?

DC: You don’t really understand how lucky you are until you can walk in someone else’s shoes or look through the eyes of someone much less fortunate than you. So be grateful for all the positives in life that we take for granted all the time.

HC: If you could travel to anywhere in the world where would it be and why?

DC: Australia because I think it is one of the most unique places in the world.

HC: What is the most embarrassing song that you know the words to?

DC: “I Wanna Dance with Somebody” by Whitney Houston.

HC: If your friends were to describe you in three words, what would they be?

DC: Driven, compassionate and a little bit insane – in a good way though… hopefully.

HC: What are three things on your bucket list to do before you leave Penn State?

DC: Have an intimate moment in the business building, rush the field at a football game and find a quality girlfriend to spend my time with after college.

HC: What is your ideal date?

DC: Fancy dinner with wine by the water and ice cream after. And obviously, I get to pick up the checks.

HC: What do you notice first in a girl?

DC: How she carries herself, attitude and facial expressions.

HC: What is the craziest thing you have ever done for a girl?

DC: Getting up at 7 in the morning after formal and running all the way from East Halls to downtown State College through the snow in slippers.  All just to give my friend sweats to walk home in, so she wouldn’t have to walk home alone and in her dress from the night before.

HC: Three turn-ons?

DC: When she smells nice, has natural beauty (like a girl that doesn’t wear a lot of makeup), and is a fit girl with a great body.

HC: Three turn-offs?

DC: Sloppy drunk girls, high maintenance girls, and girls who lack drive.

HC: Would you rather call, text or talk face-to-face with a girl?

DC: Face-to-face.

HC: If you could choose any song to be your theme song for your life what would it be?

DC: “All the Way” by Timeflies.

HC: Hidden talent?

DC: Accounting. I am weirdly good at it and kinda like it.

HC: If you could have a girl make any meal for you, what would it be?

DC: Anything that tastes close to my mom’s sauce and chicken cutlet parmesan.

HC: What is your biggest pet peeve?

DC: People that drink excessively.

HC: What is your biggest phobia?

DC: Heels – so… tall girls.

Add him on Instagram, ladies! @dcandito_28

Meghan Maffey graduated from the Pennslyvania State University in the Spring of 2017. She graduated with a degree in Broadcast Journalism and a minor in English. 
Rachael David is currently a senior at Penn State University and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State. She is majoring in public relations and minoring in psychology. Her love of creative writing and all things Penn State is what inspired her to become a member of the HC team in the fall of 2013. Her background experience includes working for the Undergraduate Admissions Office at Penn State as a social media intern in the spring of 2014 and is currently working as a social media intern for an internet marketing company in Harrisburg called WebpageFX. This past summer she also served as a PR intern for Tierney Communications. Rachael enjoys anything media related especially catching up on her favorite shows, including Saturday Night Live and any show on Food Network. She has a passion for food but also loves being active and spending her free time running or hiking. She hopes to gain more experience in all aspects of the media industry during college and plans on pursuing a career writing for a life & style publication in the future.