Campus Correspondent Adrea Cope

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

A senior majoring in Public Relations with minors in Women’s Studies, Business and International Studies, meet our new Campus Correspondent Adrea Cope! She will be working alongside Meghan to keep building the Her Campus brand across campus and allowing it to reach new levels of success. We can’t wait to see all that she does! 

HC: What’s it like to be the new CC for Her Campus Penn State?

AC: It’s an incredible feeling! I am so fortunate to be able to lead such a group of passionate, intelligent women. It’s really such an honor to be able to work with all of them this year.

HC: What’s one goal that you have for our chapter?

AC: I really want to see Her Campus Penn State expand more across our campus and create a stronger voice. We’ve done such a good job of that in the past few years, and I really want to keep the momentum going. I also have a lot of ideas for great events that we can plan and execute this year to really establish ourselves outside of the content that we post.

HC: What’s your favorite part about our chapter?

AC: Honestly, Her Campus has introduced me to some of the most intelligent women I’ve met at school so far. Everyone has different opinions but they are all able to voice them so eloquently. I am constantly impressed by the content we produce and how we’re able to write fun, relatable listicles but also produce some of the most well researched opinion pieces I’ve ever read.

HC: What else are you involved with aside from Her Campus?

AC: Aside from Her Campus I’ve written for Penn State’s student newspaper, The Daily Collegian, for the past 3 years as a student government reporter, an administration reporter and now a columnist. I’ve also been on a committee for the Penn State IFC/Panhellenic Dance Marathon (THON) for the last 3 years as well. I was also fortunate enough to intern with Penn State’s Office of Strategic Communications, where I helped run all the official Penn State social media accounts.

HC: What’s the best thing about Penn State?

AC: The school spirit, hands down. It radiates in everything we do here – THON, athletics, extracurriculars – it’s unreal to be in a place where you’re surrounded by people who love it as much as you do.

HC: What does it feel like to be a senior?

AC: Honestly, I don’t think I’ve processed it at all yet. I am definitely not ready to leave.

HC: Where do you see yourself after graduation?

AC: Hopefully living in a city, doing something with digital or social media. My mind changes pretty frequently though, so I’m really not totally sure. I kind of like it that way; it’s exciting!

HC: What’s the best thing you did in the past year?

AC: I was fortunate enough to be able to study abroad in Florence, Italy! It was honestly the best four months of my life.I met the coolest people, ate the most amazing food and saw some of the most beautiful places in the world. I will definitely be back!

HC: What are you most looking forward to?

AC: This Saturday is our first home football game in Beaver Stadium, so that is definitely on the top of my list. There is absolutely nothing like football Saturdays in Happy Valley. 

Meghan Maffey graduated from the Pennslyvania State University in the Spring of 2017. She graduated with a degree in Broadcast Journalism and a minor in English. 
Adrea is a senior at Penn State and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State. She is majoring in Public Relations and minoring in Business, Women's Studies, and International Studies. She also served as a Chapter Advisor for 8 international chapters during her time studying abroad in Florence, Italy. In addition to Her Campus, Adrea is a senior reporter for Penn State's student newspaper, The Daily Collegian, and a contributing writer for Thought Catalog. She is the social media intern for Penn State's Office of Strategic Communications. In the rare time that she's doing something other than writing, she's probably Googling pictures of pugs or consuming an excessive amount of caffeine. Follow her on Twitter: @adreacope