This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

It’s 1 a.m., and you’ve just left the bar or a party downtown when suddenly, it hits you. No, it’s not that last tequila shot you probably shouldn’t have taken; it’s hunger. One of the best things about living in a college town like State College is the plethora of restaurants open practically until dawn that sell greasy, delicious food. From calzones to wings, we’ve rounded up the best places to go to satisfy your drunken food craving.  

BEST PIZZA:

Gumby’s Pizza

Ask any basic girl on this campus what their favorite food is in State College, and I guarantee they mention these delicious sticks of cheesy goodness.  

Canyon Pizza

Right in the center of downtown, this seems to be the place where most drunk people flock to. Why wouldn’t you? You can have a one-dollar pizza slice immediately handed to you over the counter. 

College Pizza

This is best place for some variety in your pizza craving or if you want to actually sit at a table inside while enjoying your food.

Bell’s Greek

Really looking to spice up your pizza order? Order a mac n cheese pizza that’s sure to please your hunger. 

BEST WINGS:

Wings Over

Although it’s not directly downtown, a delivery order is definitely worth it. Our favorite is the teriyaki flavor. 

EXTRAS:

D.P. Dough

Need a break from pizza? D.P. is the place to go late night. The Mac Daddy, a glorious calzone filled with mac n cheese and bacon, is a great, cheesy way to end a night out. 

Chipotle

Although it isn’t open late, Chipotle gets an honorable mention for being a post-daylong must.  

Whatever your drunken food choice decision may be, if it’s one of these, it’s guarenteed to be one of the better decision you made that night. 

Kelsie Ahern is a Sophomore at Penn State majoring in Public Relations and minoring in Art History. She has a love for everything fashion, french bull dogs, and a good brunch.
Rachael David is currently a senior at Penn State University and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State. She is majoring in public relations and minoring in psychology. Her love of creative writing and all things Penn State is what inspired her to become a member of the HC team in the fall of 2013. Her background experience includes working for the Undergraduate Admissions Office at Penn State as a social media intern in the spring of 2014 and is currently working as a social media intern for an internet marketing company in Harrisburg called WebpageFX. This past summer she also served as a PR intern for Tierney Communications. Rachael enjoys anything media related especially catching up on her favorite shows, including Saturday Night Live and any show on Food Network. She has a passion for food but also loves being active and spending her free time running or hiking. She hopes to gain more experience in all aspects of the media industry during college and plans on pursuing a career writing for a life & style publication in the future.