The 8 Stages of an 8 A.M.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

The dreaded 8 A.M.. Something that seemed so routine back in high school becomes an impossible feat the second you get to college. Maybe it’s the fact that Mommy and Daddy aren’t there to drag you out of bed and or that the journey to class invovles a little more effort than sticking keys in an ignition, but, for whatever reason, it can only be described as a total struggle most days. Congrats to those of you who are lucky enough to avoid them, but for all you other victims out there, we know how you feel.

Stage 1:

The horror starts around 2 a.m. when you realize you need to be up in 4 hours.

Stage 2:

Your alarm goes off at 6:30 a.m.

Stage 3:

…but you hit snooze until 7:40 a.m.

Stage 4:

All hell breaks loose while you look for clothes, shoes, and books… in the dark.

Stage 5:

You grab food.

Stage 6:

You finally make it outside and realize that it’s 30 degrees colder than the forecast said it would be.

Stage 7:

You attentively take notes during class.

Stage 8:

You get back into bed.

Congratulations, you survived!

Only 10 more weeks to go…

AND final exam week…

Rachael David is currently a senior at Penn State University and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State. She is majoring in public relations and minoring in psychology. Her love of creative writing and all things Penn State is what inspired her to become a member of the HC team in the fall of 2013. Her background experience includes working for the Undergraduate Admissions Office at Penn State as a social media intern in the spring of 2014 and is currently working as a social media intern for an internet marketing company in Harrisburg called WebpageFX. This past summer she also served as a PR intern for Tierney Communications. Rachael enjoys anything media related especially catching up on her favorite shows, including Saturday Night Live and any show on Food Network. She has a passion for food but also loves being active and spending her free time running or hiking. She hopes to gain more experience in all aspects of the media industry during college and plans on pursuing a career writing for a life & style publication in the future.