6 Reasons To Thank Your Mother This Mother’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

As Mother’s Day is approaching, I have been thinking more and more about ways that I can show my mom how much I appreciate everything that she has done for me throughout my entire life. Whether it was taking me to my sports practices or making me tea when I didn’t feel well, she’s always done so much for me. Here are the top 6 things that I want to thank my mother for on this upcoming Mother’s Day (and every other day of the year):

1. For being my shoulder to cry on

Thank you for drying my tears the first time a boy broke my heart. Thank you for drying my tears when I got into a fight with my friends in middle school. Thank you for drying my tears when I had a bad day, and you knew that I was stressed. Thank you for being my shoulder to cry on.

2. For being my nurse

Thank you for rubbing my toes every time I stubbed them on the floor. Thank you for putting bandages on my bloody knees when I fell. Thank you for staying up all night with me when I had a tummy ache. Thank you for being my loving, caring nurse.

3. For putting my needs before yours

Thank you for taking me to countless stores at the mall because I wanted to find a new homecoming dress. Thank you for running me to the doctor when I had 102-degree fevers. Thank you for putting a smile on your face for me, even when that was the hardest thing for you. Thank you for putting my needs before yours.

4. For not getting mad at me

Thank you for not getting mad at me when I accidentally spilled milk on the carpet. Thank you for not getting mad at me because I’ve always been a picky eater at dinner time. Thank you for not getting mad at me when I was 13, and I thought that I knew it all. Thank you for not getting mad at me.

5. For being my friend

Thank you for making me grilled cheese sandwiches when I was in a bad mood. Thank you for walking with me on the beach for hours and looking for pretty seashells to take home. Thank you for letting me go grocery shopping with you every Sunday even though it added another hour to your trip because I always stopped to look at the lobsters in the fish tank and the candy in the candy section. Thank you for being my friend.

6. Constant support

Thank you for always reminding me that everything will work out in the end. Thank you for loving me, even when I was wrong. Thank you for sitting through every freezing-cold soccer, softball, and lacrosse game or every smoldering-hot swim meet. Thank you for your constant support.

This is one giant THANK YOU to the moms that don’t know how much we truly appreciate them. Happy Mother’s Day to all of the beautiful mothers out there; you deserve the world and more, just like what you’ve given to us.

Photo Credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6,

Student at the Pennsylvania State University, Majoring in Nutritional Sciences
Rachael David is currently a senior at Penn State University and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State. She is majoring in public relations and minoring in psychology. Her love of creative writing and all things Penn State is what inspired her to become a member of the HC team in the fall of 2013. Her background experience includes working for the Undergraduate Admissions Office at Penn State as a social media intern in the spring of 2014 and is currently working as a social media intern for an internet marketing company in Harrisburg called WebpageFX. This past summer she also served as a PR intern for Tierney Communications. Rachael enjoys anything media related especially catching up on her favorite shows, including Saturday Night Live and any show on Food Network. She has a passion for food but also loves being active and spending her free time running or hiking. She hopes to gain more experience in all aspects of the media industry during college and plans on pursuing a career writing for a life & style publication in the future.