5 Ways to De-Stress At the End of the Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Somehow, it’s already April. It’s exciting that the weather is finally warm and there’s only one month until summer, but the work always seems to pile up as well. On top of that, there’s planning for the summer, wrapping up clubs and activities and everything seems to be happening at once. Have no fear though, here’s some easy ways to de-stress.

1. Take a yoga class

Yoga is good for the soul. The movements help to relax your body AND mind, and what’s better than that? Most classes combine movement and exercise with a relaxing meditation at the end. This is the perfect way to clear your head during the craziness that comes with the end of every semester. You can take classes at the White Building or downtown.

2. Spend some time outside

Like I said, the weather is FINALLY nice. Grabbing a coffee and sitting on the HUB or Old Main Lawn is sometimes the exact thing you need. It can even make doing work more enjoyable! I have so many memories of sitting on the lawns with my friends and studying at the end of the year—it can make for the best days.

3. Pamper yourself

When we have tons of work and responsibilities, we sometimes forget to take care of ourselves! Do a face mask, paint your nails, take a bath. These small things can have a big impact on how you’re feeling later in the week.

4. Indulge in your favorite foods

I don’t know about you guys, but nothing makes me feel better than eating my favorite foods. Maybe you’ve been stressing about bikini season, but take a cheat day and indulge in your favorite treat. Chocolate covered potato chips are my favorite.

5. Take a personal day

You might not have time to devote a whole day to relaxation, but at least give yourself one “personal hour” per day. This can be at the end of the day when you decide it’s time to catch up on Grey’s Anatomy before bed, or taking a break between classes and reading a book. These little periods of time to look forward to can break up your stress and even help you be more efficient.

Hang in there, ladies, only one month to go!

Photo Credit: 1

Meghan Maffey graduated from the Pennslyvania State University in the Spring of 2017. She graduated with a degree in Broadcast Journalism and a minor in English.