etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

18 Times The Jersey Shore Cast Described Your Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

If you were anything like the cool kids I went to middle school with, every day in 2009 was Jerzday. In order to relive your peak, here are 18 times that the cast of the Jersey Shore summed up your Spring Break.

1. When you and your friends realized Spring Break was just two weeks away

The moment everyone had been waiting for since they stepped foot back in State College at the beginning of the semester (or at least since you’ve gotten sick of the snow). You anxiously waited for this magical week to arrive while you wrapped up midterm after midterm.

2. When you realized your opportunity to put up beach Instagrams was just two weeks away

Every ranch dressing slathered pokey stick that you’d ever eaten felt like it had caught up to you right in time for break, so as a result, you felt obligated to hit the White Building.

3. When your last week of classes before break felt like they lasted an eternity

But really just your Monday through Thursday before break because you peaced out of Centre County the soonest moment  after your last midterm or quiz was over.

4. When you finally made it out of State College for the first time since Christmas

Never had you ever seen someone so excited as your friends were to drive for two and a half hours through rural Pennsylvania to make it to flights out of Philly or Pittsburgh.

5. When your flight to the beach got delayed

Not going to lie, this minor setback felt like a major blow to the week even though it hadn’t even started yet.

6. When it was finally beach day

You haven’t moved this fast since maybe the Color Run in October or some Turkey Trot that you ran over Thanksgiving.

7. When you got in touch with your inner kid-at-heart

Jumping into the ocean could not have felt better.

8. When you saw the “No Alcohol Permitted” sign at the beach entrance

You eventually made your way around this rule thanks to some sneakiness that you no doubt learned in your freshman year dorm.

9. When you realized how streaky your sunscreen was on the first day at the beach.

You were just relaxing when all of the sudden you realized what a sweaty mess you had become and your day got a hundred times worse in just one second.

10. When you accidentally burned

You tried your best to recover from the previous party foul but your efforts were unsuccessful. You sadly accepted that you were going to look like a tomato for the next couple of days.

11. When someone pointed out your atrocious tanlines

Your friends enjoyed every second of kicking you while you were down and it wasn’t long before you got annoyed with them and told them how you really felt.

12. When you overheard (intentionally eavesdropped on) the strange conversation going on behind your beach base camp

It was all going well until you heard the people behind you talking about piercings in strange places and it quickly got worse when you quieted your friends’ conversations so they could all listen to your interesting neighbors.

13. When those same people sat behind you the next day

Practically running a play-by-play on their conversation was fun for a couple of hours yesterday but you questioned your ability to handle a second day of this.

14. When you and your friends humiliated yourselves playing every beach game you tried

Your friends made sure to let everyone within a hundred foot radius of you know that you never understood the whole concept of frisbee.

15. When you realized how cool your tan makes you look

By now you’re not just surviving, you’re thriving.

16. When people scolded you for not using enough sunscreen

But really though, at least 60% of this tan was brought to you by Jergens so you told your haters to please, please take a chill pill and relax.

17. When you realized it was almost over

You shedded small, gentle tears and held tight all of your sweet, sweet memz from this awesome week that you’ll hold near and dear to your heart forever.

18. When you were ready to say goodbye and head back to State

In the end though, there’s only one place where you know you truly belong and you haven’t been there for an entire week.  Despite the probably gross weather that will be waiting for you when you get back, everything else about the best school on the planet is pulling you back and you couldn’t be happier.

There you have it, collegiettes. We hope your Spring Break was all you had dreamed of and even more. Good luck in the final stretch of this semester!

Catherine is a Freshman at Penn State University from Sewickley, Pa. She can usually be found in Findlay Commons studying International Politics and Asian Studies, sipping on a Grande Iced Caramel Macchiato (extra shot of espresso, please) in the Delta Gamma suite, bringing khaki back while giving campus tours with Lion Scouts, talking politics with the Penn State College Democrats, writing articles for Her Campus, or ~maybe~ on the IM indoor track. If she were to have a beauty paegant talent she would order pizza to the tune of "Diamonds on the Soles of her Shoes." Catherine hopes to one day teach English in China then go on to work in an American embassy. 
Meghan Maffey graduated from the Pennslyvania State University in the Spring of 2017. She graduated with a degree in Broadcast Journalism and a minor in English.