18 Best On-Screen Insults

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

As a generation, we have a particular knack for coming up with fantastically accurate insults for any occasion at the drop of a hat. And how did we develop this ability? The answer is clear: television. For your (and our) amusement, we have compiled a list of the worst insults we could find from the movies and shows we have all watched once or twice (or 16 times). So, here you go – a list of the most relentless, heart-crushing, gasp-evoking insults we can’t believe made it to the screen.

1. When Josh knew how to hit Cher where it hurt

2. When Hell’s Kitchen got dark REALLY quickly

3. Anytime Kate Sanders said anything

4. And even old school Amanda

*Nostalgically sheds tear*

5. When The Real Housewives got realer than any of us could have predicted

6. Now, now Marshall. Take a beat

7. Almost every time Blair had a line

8. When The Sandlot had us all quackin’ in our boots

9. When Ron Burgundy said what we were all thinking

10. This iconic Mean Girls showdown

11. When Heather #1 shut Heather #2 down

12. This exchange that Uncle Jesse would certainly not approve of

13. Vivian won’t be going out on Halloween anymore after this burn

14. When Maggie Gyllenhaal shut Jake up for good

15. Anytime Paris Hilton turned away a potential new BFF on her reality show

16. When Billy showed Mr. Schneebly who’s boss

17. When Steve Carell wasn’t scared to bite back

18. When Wednesday Addams revolutionized what it meant to be a bad b*tch

It is really no wonder we have come to be known as the sassiest generation yet…

But honestly, we wouldn’t have it any other way.

Photo credit: 1

Paige Herer

U Mass Amherst

Paige Herer is a junior at Penn State. She is majoring in public relations and political science with a minor in international studies with hopes of pursuing a a career in PR after graduation. Her business aspirations include but are not limited to becoming Olivia Pope. She has a passion for reading, drinking coffee, long car rides, and scrolling through online blogs for hours. When Paige isn't being ridiculously productive you can find her walking aimlessly around campus trying to figure out how to operate her DSLR camera, or in her tiny dorm room marathoning any and every John Hughes movie.
Rachael David is currently a senior at Penn State University and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State. She is majoring in public relations and minoring in psychology. Her love of creative writing and all things Penn State is what inspired her to become a member of the HC team in the fall of 2013. Her background experience includes working for the Undergraduate Admissions Office at Penn State as a social media intern in the spring of 2014 and is currently working as a social media intern for an internet marketing company in Harrisburg called WebpageFX. This past summer she also served as a PR intern for Tierney Communications. Rachael enjoys anything media related especially catching up on her favorite shows, including Saturday Night Live and any show on Food Network. She has a passion for food but also loves being active and spending her free time running or hiking. She hopes to gain more experience in all aspects of the media industry during college and plans on pursuing a career writing for a life & style publication in the future.