15 Sex and the City Quotes to “Carrie” With You Into 2018

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Carrie, Charlotte, Miranda and Samantha have never failed to supply us with wisdom and memorable quotes to get us through the ups, downs, and everything in between. As 2018 starts, here are 15 of their best quotes to keep in mind throughout the new year:

“Maybe some women aren’t meant to be tamed. Maybe they are meant to run free until they find someone just as wild to run with”

Amen, Carrie.

“The most exciting, challenging, and significant relationship of all, is the one you have with yourself”

New Year’s Resolution: take better care of yourself than you did last year.

“Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives?”

“I want to enjoy my success, not apologize for it.”

You said it, Miranda. Always be proud of your hard work and its payoff.

“Enjoy yourself; that’s what your 20s are for.”

“Life gives you lots of chances to screw up which means you have just as many chances to get it right.”

“After all, computers crash, people die, relationships fall apart. The best we can do is breathe and reboot”

Resolution #2: Don’t stress, just breathe and reboot.

“Eventually all the pieces fall into place, until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moment, and know that everything happens for a reason.”

“When life gets this confusing, sometimes there’s only one thing to do… attend a fabulous party.”

True that.

“Maybe the past is like an anchor holding us back. Maybe you have to let go of who you were to become who you will be.”

Why is it that we only believe the negative things people say about us?

Resolution #3: stop only believing negative reviews.

So, I sat there and had a glass of wine”

Sometimes, it’s all you can do.

“You’re 22.. What do you know about life?”

Even though Charlotte said this in a derogatory tone, she kinda had a point. It might feel like we know what we’re talking about, but chances are most of us haven’t experienced much of life yet.

“I will never be the woman with the perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it.”

And you don’t have to be.

“When I first moved to New York and I was totally broke, sometimes I would buy Vogue instead of dinner. I felt it fed me more.”

Becky Sorensen is a senior at Penn State, double majoring in Public Relations and Political Science. You can find her on campus with an iced coffee in one hand and an everything bagel in the other. Clear your schedule before asking her how she feels about the Harry Potter series, New York City, or about the next trip she’s planning - she tends to ramble. Loudly. You can follow her at @beckylalalaa on Twitter and @beckysorensen on Instagram for hilarious puns or her undying love for THON and Penn State football.