10 Valentine’s Day Food Porn Recipes That Are Better Than Boys

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Well, it’s that time of year again – when the air fills with love and happy couples line the streets. Unfortunately, not all of us are lucky enough to have someone to appreciate this Valentine’s Day, but that’s okay because what we do have is a fully-stocked fridge. And that’s kind of the same thing, right? Boys may come and go, but food is forever. Here are 10 recipes that’ll make you forget why you ever complained about being single.

1. Better Than Sex Cake

I think the name says it all. 

2. Jack Daniel’s Smoky Bacon Mac and Cheese

Meet my boyfriend, Jack Daniels.

3. One Pot Garlic Parmesan Pasta

No need to worry about garlic breath… you won’t be kissing anyone tonight. 

4. Loaded Nachos

What’s that, imaginary boyfriend? You don’t like nachos? Oh well, more for me. 

5. Cinnamon Roll Waffles

Breakfast in bed, party of one.

6. Chicken Parmesan Grilled Cheese

No one can match the connection between a girl and her chicken parm.

7. Oreo Cheesecake

Or you could just eat an entire row straight from the package – that works too.

8. Mini Pizzas

Mini… aka have as many as you want.

9. Sloppy Joes

Go ahead, be sloppy. You’ve got no one to impress.

10, Reese’s Peanut Butter Martini

Okay, so it’s not food. But let’s be real, you’re going to need a cocktail or two to get through your third viewing of P.S. I Love You.

Rachael David is currently a senior at Penn State University and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State. She is majoring in public relations and minoring in psychology. Her love of creative writing and all things Penn State is what inspired her to become a member of the HC team in the fall of 2013. Her background experience includes working for the Undergraduate Admissions Office at Penn State as a social media intern in the spring of 2014 and is currently working as a social media intern for an internet marketing company in Harrisburg called WebpageFX. This past summer she also served as a PR intern for Tierney Communications. Rachael enjoys anything media related especially catching up on her favorite shows, including Saturday Night Live and any show on Food Network. She has a passion for food but also loves being active and spending her free time running or hiking. She hopes to gain more experience in all aspects of the media industry during college and plans on pursuing a career writing for a life & style publication in the future.