Winter to Spring Wardrobe Transitioning

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

Some people may find it daunting to have to buy new outfits for the spring season, but the truth is you don’t need to spend money because all you need to do is go right to your closet doors.  Keep in mind spring is all about adding color to your wardrobe so don’t be afraid to experiment and see what surprisingly looks good!

1. You can grab your most unique jacket or coat and base an outfit around it, make it your statement piece.

1. Taking a white collared professional shirt and trying different layers and accessories can definitely transition an outfit to spring! Especially if you use colorful accessories.

1. Using sunglasses with a rainbow reflection will immediately make your outfit look springier because of the blossoming colors that come out on the frames with the sun.

1. Grab that colorful purse in the back of your closet and bring it out because it will help transition your outfits!

1. Makeup can make an outfit; sometimes even adding a pop of color to your lips will help you shape your look into a spring outfit!

1. Bootleg pants are statement for spring because of the flow they have! Therefore if you have some in your closet, bring them out (they also make you look skinnier!)

1. If you live up north and it’s still cold, no worries you can transition your sweaters into spring by adding a fun skirt with sheer tights or a pair of white pants if skirts are not your thing!

1. An army or military green jacket paired with some light skinny jeans and a cute top can make for a casual, comfy, spring outfit!

1. One cute way to add a pop to your spring wardrobe is by adding sequin items.  A sequin top or purse can really bring a look to life.

1. My personal favorite for last; adding fringe to an outfit! Not only is it playful, but styled the right way fringe can be very chic!

Finally, don’t be afraid to take risks! Most of the time they are worth while!

Image Credits: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Have some fire. Be unstoppable. Be a force of nature.
Kayla McEwen

PS Behrend

Kayla A. McEwen: President and Campus Correspondent  Senior at Penn State Behrend Marketing & Professional Writing Major Part-time dreamer and full-time artist Lover of art, fashion, witty conversation, winged eyeliner, and large cups of warm beverages.