This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

It is time to bear the cold weather add some shimmer to the eyelids and swap that cult classic nude lips for a deeper lip.

Now the gold eye and the deep red lip is a cult “classic” winter makeup look it’s not the only one that you can rock this winter season, let’s take a look through some makeup looks that you can totally kill during this winter season.

For a little extra look if you want to achieve this more classic look I highly suggest the Modern Renaissance pallet and the Tarte Just Peachy mattes pallet to create the eyes and the Kat Von D liquid lipstick I the shade exorcism.

First, I wanted to start off with one of my favorite looks for winter. This look includes a cranberry eye and a glossy lip. I know for me personally during the colder month my face and lips always get super dry so a glowy face look helps keep the skin moisturized and the by switch a matte lipstick for a gloss it keeps the lips looking nice but also healthy and smooth. This first look quickly became my go-to look over the past few week.

To get exactly how I created this look check out this tutorial that I made for this cranberry winter makeup look here!!! 

The second look I want to present to you is closer to the classic look, we want to start off with a brown cut crease on the eye. Where we took more of the classic gold shadow in the last look this look we kept the classic dark lip, but not the deep red this time a deep brown. Pop some lashes and liner on and you got a look that will match the hot chocolate you’re drinking while watching movies by the fireplace. It’s a simple look that will go well with whatever outfit you choose to wear this winter.

Moving on to the third look t is my all time favorite look of the bunch because normally the colors used in this look would be more dedicated the summer however it’s the perfect look to rock in the winter when you’re feeling glum and stuck. By adding the bright neon colors it will help brighten up your day even if it has been a drab one!!! Who needs coffee when you can have a makeup pick me up. Using a neon orange and a neon blue on the eye it makes the eyes pop and give color to your life. Just keep a nice fresh glowing face to let everyone know that you beat the winter blues by putting it on your under eye!

Remember there is no wrong way to create a makeup look! Makeup is always up to you and what you want to do. Just make sure you have fun!!!!

Image Credit: 1

Tiffany Zinn

PS Behrend

Kayla McEwen

PS Behrend

Kayla A. McEwen: President and Campus Correspondent  Senior at Penn State Behrend Marketing & Professional Writing Major Part-time dreamer and full-time artist Lover of art, fashion, witty conversation, winged eyeliner, and large cups of warm beverages.