sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Ways to Spice up Your Relationship

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

I have been in a relationship for a little over 3 years. While that isn’t that long in the grand scheme of things, it is good for a millennial, college girl. However, turns out after being with the same person for a while can lead to being a little too comfortable, I know crazy thought right? NO, not at all. I hear a lot of couples talk about the ‘spark’ disappearing and just feeling a little bored in their relationship. I think this is completely normal, there is a reason why the divorce rate is so high in our country, and honestly, it’s because people are lazy as hell. Relationships take work. Just because you’ve met your “soulmate” does not mean that everything is going to be easy and peachy forever. If you believe this, sorry honey, get ready for a long life of disappointment. So, if you feel like your relationship is in a rut, no need to worry. All you need is a little bit of effort, and maybe some lingerie, and you and your boo can feel like teenage lovers once again.

Take a fun couples class together

When you have been with someone for a long time, it can be easy to forget what made you fall in love with them in the first place. So, look to see what available in your area. Maybe this involves taking a cooking class together, a yoga class, or whatever seems fun to your relationship. Getting out of the house and trying new things allows for new experiences full of laughter. If you want to try something more sensual, doing something like taking a tango class, it is super intimate and sexy!

Take a mini-road trip

Whether it’s going a couple hours away for a few days or just going to a nearby town to get some ice cream. Take this time to listen to music you both like, get some fresh air, explore while holding hands, taking cute pictures, the opportunities are endless.  

Build a fort in your living room

Sometimes in order to feel like teenage lovers you have to act like ones. Plus building forts are super fun and allow for creativity from both you and your partner. Order some Chinese food (or whatever kind of food you both like), watch a movie you both like (or porn if you really want to spice it up).

Sext!

Seriously, I know it’s a little taboo. However, it is so much fun, especially if you are with someone you trust. If you aren’t comfortable with sending naughty photos, words are definitely enough. Start sexting throughout the day and you both will be running home as soon as possible!

Schedule Sex

After being with someone for a long time, it can be easy to forget to have sex. Sometimes life just gets in the way; internships, classes, test, homework, and so on. There is no shame in scheduling sex, trust me it is just as good. Plus there is something fun about thinking about your naughty plans throughout the day.

Just spice it up in the bedroom in general

There are countless amounts of things that can be done in the bedroom. Obviously, only do things that you both are comfortable with and don’t try anything crazy without first talking about it with your partner. Here are a few sexy things to try together

• Role-playing

• Watching porn

• Wearing sexy lingerie

• Surprise blow jobs (as soon as your partner walks in the door, in the car, etc.)

• Have sex somewhere other than your bedroom

• Buys new and interesting sex toys

• Handcuffs (‘nuff said)

• Try a new sex position

Like I said literally countless idea! But the point is, don’t be afraid to try something new!

Image Credits: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7