Let’s Talk: Female Masturbation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

What is usually a pretty taboo subject, masturbation gains a high reputation in college. Students talk about the subject more openly and are more experienced in the matter at hand…

Top 9 things to know about female masturbation:

1. Everyone does it. Everyone. Even the ones who tell you they don’t, they probably do.

2. It’s good for your health! Yes it’s actually a great stress reliever, orgasms are good for you.

3. There are different ways to go about it that is different methods and techniques such as using your fingers or toys like dildos and vibrators. Personally vibrators are my go to because they get the job done relatively fast and feel amazing.

4. It’s nothing to be ashamed off. It’s perfectly natural and human to please yourself, plus how are you going to teach your partners what you like without experiencing it yourself first?

5. There are 5 different types of orgasms: penetration, clitoral, g-spot, anal and dual stimulation. Most women cannot orgasm with penetration alone and require some sort or clitoral stimulation.

6. Masturbation is one of the most effective natural ways of relieving menstrual cramps!

7. Those who masturbate tend to be a lot happier…orgasms=happiness.

8. Animals do it to! Not just humans, your pet turtle and lizard get off on their own too.

9. There is no such thing as too much! Unless it consumes your life but besides that, don’t stop loving yourself!

Image Credits: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Kayla McEwen

PS Behrend

Kayla A. McEwen: President and Campus Correspondent  Senior at Penn State Behrend Marketing & Professional Writing Major Part-time dreamer and full-time artist Lover of art, fashion, witty conversation, winged eyeliner, and large cups of warm beverages.