david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Last Minute Halloween Costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

Halloween weekend is finally upon us! Here at Her Campus we love Halloween -this entire time of the year if we’re being honest- but there’s always the costume dilemma: what should I wear? Do I really wanna spend a lot of money on a costume I might never wear again? When we have a killer costume that’s sure to garner endless compliments, we love it. When our minds go blank, the pressure is on and we end up dressing up as a cat. So this year we decided to help you -and ourselves- and round up the best Halloween costumes for 2017

Source

• Baywatch: Thanks to global warming, it took a little bit for fall/winter to get here, so why not keep the summer vibe going with this classic costume? Whether you’re channeling your inner David Hasselhoff, Pamela Anderson or Zac Efron, walk into any party this weekend and you’ll definitely make an entrance.

Source

• Star Wars: The Last Jedi hits the big screen this December so you’ll be right on trend. And with so many options -Princess Leia, Darth Vader, Rey, Finn, Chewbacca-, you really can’t go wrong.

Source

• The Handmaid’s Tale: Now, this might be the most “controversial” one, but this would make an awesome group costume. Making a political statement, plus going out and having fun? Might not get any better than that.

Source

• The Addams Family: The OG spooky family, the Addams Family is a cult classic and it’s easy to replicate! Whether you wanna go as Wednesday, Cousin It, Morticia, or Uncle Fester, this costume is sure to catch everyone’s eye.

Source

• Cher: Long, straight hair is having a moment right now and what better way to take advantage of your shiny, long hair than to dress up as Cher? Hit up a few second-hand stores and get groovy.

Source

• Penny Lane from “Almost Famous”: Penny Lane is the most iconic character in Almost Famous. She is deeply mysterious, yet effortlessly disarming and just so damn rocker chic. The 70s are also very trendy right now and what better way to test out this trend than rocking it for Halloween?

Source

• Parent Trap: Another classic. Pair up with your best friend and try to recreate this iconic duo. Better yet, if you and your bff look alike, more reasons to run around and confuse people.

Source

• Riverdale: I’m a huge Riverdale fan and I’m kicking myself in the butt because I already had my costume when I came up with the idea to include this for the article -but it’s not too late for you! Grab your friends and replicate one of the hottest TV shows!

Source

• Clueless: Do I really need to explain this one?

Source

• GLOW: I’ve already talked about the 70s, but did you know that the 80s are also making a serious comeback? Because they are and we’re not at all mad about it. Release your inner female wrestler with spandex, big hair and bright blue lipstick.

Source

• Game Of Thrones: Because winter is coming no matter what and faster than ever it seems. Fulfill your dreams by channeling your favorite GoT character—we’re partial to dressing up as Khaleesi and toting toy dragons around all night. Our apologies in advance.

Source

• Wonder Woman: It slew the box office, and now you can slay the Halloween party with this ultra-fierce look.

Source

• Stranger Things: Pay homage to the hit Netflix series with a killer group costume. Or grab a stripy shirt, khaki jacket, ax and a string of Christmas lights and go as Joyce Byers or you can pay tribute to Barb. RIP, Barb.

No matter what you end up doing this weekend, remember to have fun and be safe!

Image Credits: 1

Andrea Gáez

PS Behrend '19

From Panama.xx
Kayla McEwen

PS Behrend

Kayla A. McEwen: President and Campus Correspondent  Senior at Penn State Behrend Marketing & Professional Writing Major Part-time dreamer and full-time artist Lover of art, fashion, witty conversation, winged eyeliner, and large cups of warm beverages.