This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

The Weeknd performed at University Park on Wednesday, September 6, just last week for his Starboy 2017 World Tour. I drove there right after my classes with my friend – we had been waiting a long time for this day. We met up with our friends and made our way to the Bryce Jordan Center. The concert was supposed to start at 7:30, we made it right on time only to find the stadium relatively empty. We expected it to be jam packed but it shockingly wasn’t until around an hour after when it finally began to fill up.

The first performance was an unknown rapper whom I never caught a name nor did anyone else I went with. He wasn’t very good, in my opinion, and he stayed on stage for a while. After him was Gucci Mane and he performed until around 8:30/9 o’clock. He did alright, but I wasn’t very impressed. When The Weeknd finally came on stage the crowd went wild. He appeared out of the ground surrounded by a holographic light. His performance was spectacular, the lighting of the stage went perfectly with every song and was able to ignite the crowd to no end.

He played some of my favorite songs such as “Often”, “Earned it”, “Angel”, “Wicked Games” and the first ever song I heard from him “The Morning”. I was very pleased that he didn’t just play songs from Starboy and that he expanded amongst his other albums. Unfortunately, he didn’t play long enough. He was on stage for roughly 2 hours which I consider short for a performance. However the best part of the concert was when he played his last song, everyone started to leave the stadium and he came back on for an encore of “I Feel It Coming”!  And when that finished, he played another encore of “The Hills”!

All in all The Weeknd made up for his short performance with his stage appeal and song choices as well as the encores. If you don’t already listen to his music, I highly recommend it.

Image Credits: 1 2

Kayla McEwen

PS Behrend

Kayla A. McEwen: President and Campus Correspondent  Senior at Penn State Behrend Marketing & Professional Writing Major Part-time dreamer and full-time artist Lover of art, fashion, witty conversation, winged eyeliner, and large cups of warm beverages.