How to Make Time Fly

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

With holiday break slowly approaching, many of us are preparing for the inevitable journey home. This means suitcases are getting packed and plane tickets are getting printed. Although many of us are excited to finally go back to the place we know and love, no one is excited for the hours of delay, the constant boredom and the crowded chaos which is the airport. Living long ways away, I dread the 7-hour flights. So if you’re anything like me and are expecting to be flying in the next week or two, here are some ideas that can help that flight go by just a little faster.

Take A Nap

Get on your flight, take some melatonin and enjoy the best nap of your life. This is hands down best way to make your flight go faster. And who doesn’t love a nice, long nap?

Do a Puzzle

It doesn’t matter what kind of puzzle you like. A jigsaw puzzle. A crossword puzzle. A word search puzzle. Anything that is challenging that will take forever. It’ll keep you distracted and somewhat entertained for a decently long time.

Binge Watch a Series

Sit back, put your headphones in, ask for some snacks and watch an entire season of Shark Tank (or any show that you want). Watch something that you are actually interested in though, because you have to be really it to it to watch for 7 hours.

Go Through Your Email

There are two types of people. Type A, checks email every day. Type B, checks email to find 6,872 emails. If you are person B, a flight is a perfect time to check those 6,872! You have so much time, so you can delete the spam messages and reply to those who emailed years ago.

Go Through your Phone

If you’re already going to clean out your email, you might as well continue and clean out your phone. You can finally add some memory to your phone by deleting all the screenshots of the crafts you never made and the videos you took, drunk at the bar.

Read a Book

There is a book for everyone, whether you are reading Shane Dawson’s It Gets Better, Kevin O’Leary’s Cold Hard Truth on Men, Women and Money or even Jodi Picoult’s The Pact. Reading truly does help the time go back just a little bit faster.

Image Credits: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Sorya Nasir

PS Behrend

Native of Santa Clara, CA Senior at Penn State Behrend Management Information Systems Major HerCampus PS Behrend, President Alpha Sigma Alpha
Kayla McEwen

PS Behrend

Kayla A. McEwen: President and Campus Correspondent  Senior at Penn State Behrend Marketing & Professional Writing Major Part-time dreamer and full-time artist Lover of art, fashion, witty conversation, winged eyeliner, and large cups of warm beverages.