Confessions of a Coffee Addict

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

Coffee- Originated in Ethiopia, brewed by baristas and enjoyed by many. If you’re anything like me, you’ll proudly relate to this. I give to you, confessions of a coffee addict. (Need I say more?)

You absolutely cannot start your day without coffee. People who speak to you before you’ve indulged in your first cup are taking a walk on the wild side. A cup of coffee is necessary for you to function as a human.

You go to bed dreaming of the next morning’s coffee. Don’t try and deny this one, we all know we’ve been there. Your friends and roommates can survive one cup of Joe a day, while you struggle to survive through one class with one cup.

You take your coffee in any way. Black, sugar/no sugar, cream/no cream, iced, cold, frozen. You name it you’ll drink it.

Coffee is your favorite flavor. Anything coffee, you will purchase. Coffee ice cream, coffee beer, coffee yogurt, coffee chips (yes, they do exist). When someone says to you that they do not like coffee, your heart aches for their well-being.

You have the ability to drink coffee at any time of the day. Although you should be mortally embarrassed by the number of cups you drink a day, you’re not.

You walk into your favorite Starbucks or coffee shop and the baristas have already started making your order. You also know those same baristas by name and have formed a friendship with them.

You do the math in your head to figure out how many cups of coffee you can buy with the last 15 dollars on your debit card.

Yes, you’ve officially adapted the coffee lingo. 

While your friends suggest having a wild Saturday night, you suggest that you all go to a coffee shop instead.

To you, coffee is more than just a drink. Coffee is security and it is a friend. Coffee does not complain, or discriminate. Coffee is there for you at any time, through anything.

Photo Credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Paige is a senior communication major at Penn State Erie- The Behrend College. She loves all dogs, T. Swift songs, and enjoys long, romantic walks to the nearest coffee shop. You can follow her on Instagram and Twitter: @paigemoldovan