This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

I have been a die-hard Colourpop fan since the only thing they had were liquid lips. They’ve since expanded their line to TONS of different kinds of makeup. I have tried quite a few of their eyeshadow palettes and wanted to put together some swatches and a review post. There are some AMAZING ones and some not-so-great ones.

Starting with one of my favorites…

Fem Rosa She Palette:

First of all… it’s beautiful. It has gorgeous roses all over the packaging and it just makes me want to use it. It has mostly shimmery shadows and 4 matte pigments. The colors work great together and make gorgeous pinky/purple looks. It is super feminine so if that isn’t your thing, you might not love this.

You Had Me at Hello:

This palette isn’t messing around. I really love everything about it. This is another palette with deep mauves and purples. Clearly, I lean towards these colors but they truly never get old.

Yes Please:

This was a blogger favorite in the fall. This contained oranges, yellows, and browns that basically looked like a dead tree on your eyelids (weird analogy I know). But seriously this was super raved about and maybe it’s just me… but it’s not exactly my go-to. I am not a huge fan of yellows or oranges so maybe that’s why this isn’t my favorite. This palette could definitely make some awesome trend looks, but not every day looks.

Golden State of Mind:

This is a super raved about palette so I gave in to the temptation. Big regret. You won’t hear me say negative things about Colourpop often but this is not a great palette. Their “new formula” requires the shadows to be wet and they are not fun to use. The colors are super chunky glitter as opposed to the fine glitter I prefer. This is also extremely expensive compared to their other palette options. So I would definitely skip this one.

Hi-Maintenence:

This is one of my favorites. It is a pretty old one from before the many palettes they newly released. This only contains four colors but they work amazingly together. I love them all and it was so affordable at only $12. The pigments are MUCH larger than the ones found in the new sixteen-pan palettes. If you’re looking for a simple, portable palette this is my go-to.

This is my overall review of a few of the Colourpop palettes! Some colors seem similar to one another but I have tested them all and there are no repeats in the different palettes. So give these a try or try out some others that Colourpop has to offer!

Image Credits / Cover Photo

Hi I'm Alex! I'm currently majoring in Marketing but my true passions are fashion and writing. I hope to merge those two loves into a marketing job one day. I hope my articles are both enjoyable and meaningful to readers. Happy reading 
Kayla McEwen

PS Behrend

Kayla A. McEwen: President and Campus Correspondent  Senior at Penn State Behrend Marketing & Professional Writing Major Part-time dreamer and full-time artist Lover of art, fashion, witty conversation, winged eyeliner, and large cups of warm beverages.